Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close friends: Wedding Gift?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm part of the bridal party for a fast approaching wedding and I have no idea what to give the bride and groom as a gift. I'm a close friend and I don't think that cash is an appropriate gesture from me.

If you've been in a similar situation what have you done?

They don't have their own house; are not very materialistic; and have most things they want at this stage of their lives.

I'm at a loss!

My budget is anywhere between €0 and €1000. I was thinking along the lines of €500.

Many thanks,

Eglinton

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

When I was in that situation I told the bride and groom my budget and asked them to decide what they wanted me to get. Took the element of surprise out of it but at least they ended up with something they really liked.

Advertisement