Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavender

Options
  • 13-08-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get some sprigs of lavender for ice cream? mmmm

Also does anyone know the best method to make ice cream without an ice cream maker??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

You can buy fresh lavander in l'occitane stores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks!

Do you know if theres any in south dublin?? Ive never heard of that store before!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've never tried it myself, but I believe the best way to make ice cream without a machine is to whizz it up well with an electric mixer every 30mins until it sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Here's a list of all the Dublin stores :)

Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin 16. T: 01.296.3388
    Wicklow Street, Dublin 2. T: 01.679.7223
    Blackrock Shopping Centre, Co. Dublin. T: 01.210.8884
    14 Upper Liffey Street, Dublin 1. T: 01.889.2576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

You can get lavender plants in most garden centres aswell, might save you the cost of going to L'Occitane.

Very tasty for roasting chicken with too :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is loads growing in my garden you can have for free if you are around the finglas merrion square area:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks for the help guys, i went to L'occitane and bought about 20 sprigs for 6.50 and no sooner had i arrived home with my purchase when the mother informed it it grows in the back garden!!

She was right! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I have some lavender in my back garden I'd gladly give you! But I reccomend Atkins and Potts lavender syrup...delish! Especially over a bowl of strawberries and ice cream.
    http://www.atkinsandpotts.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=264

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I have some lavender in my back garden I'd gladly give you! But I reccomend Atkins and Potts lavender syrup...delish! Especially over a bowl of strawberries and ice cream.
    http://www.atkinsandpotts.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=264

Can you get this in Ireland?

Advertisement