Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myths that you believed but on reflection laugh at . .

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LM101

Up until a few months ago, my boyfriend believed that unicorns used to exist, he's 32.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

preytec wrote: »
    i was told the ronald reagan had a button in his suit case that would blow up the world if he pressed it. i wanted that case so much

This one is actually partly true. The US president always travels with a military aide who carries the Nuclear Football, a case containing launch codes for the Nuclear weapons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Rubbing dock leaves on nettle stings as kids, our mum would make us sing

"Dock leaf, dock leaf take the sting away,
    and I'll give you bread and butter in the morn-ing"

Was this just us?
    Was my mother nuts?
    What the hell does a dock leaf want with bread and butter anyway?

They're called DOCK leaves???
    up unitl i read your post i always called them dog leaves...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Harpy wrote: »

:o So did I - I remember having to wipe my arse with them as a youngster if I ever went for a walk with a friends uncle's dogs and had to go toilet.:eek:

I've read through this thread and reckon I was told 90% of the lies in it by my parents.

I remember a story about the tongue going black if you lied one. I was just after eating a packet of blackjacks and when I came in my mother asked me a question which I answered truthfully. She said stick out your tongue, your lying. I was mortified as it was black because of the sweets. God I got fairly upset about that :)

I also still wave at magpies.

I remember been about 4 and still used a dummy (I know I know :p )and my mother told me that the people in the telly could see me and they were laughing at me because I had a dummy in my mouth. The bitch! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

that if i gave my soothers and bottles to the nice lady at quinsworth she'd give me toy story on video.
    well later that day i traded in my soother and bottles and got toy story.

up until i was about 10 i believed that that was how i had got toy story (my mam knew the girl on the till and had given her the money before)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Harpy wrote: »

Same here, they were always called dog leaves in Cork.

Advertisement