Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank/Visa Debit Card Questions - Is this dodgy?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday I went into Ulster Bank and lodged €52.25 in my account, there was already €6.16 in my account so when I lodged the €52.25 is brought my account balance to €58.41.

Yesterday evening I used my card to pay for something which came to €17.20, meaning my balance should have been €41.21 and my balance is €41.21, but the amount available for me to spend is only €17.03 not €41.21, which it should be.

Last night I ordered something from axparis.co.uk and paid by card - but this morning when I checked my emails I had an email from axparis.co.uk saying my order had been cancelled. SO I am assuming that they haven't taken the money (£19.95 GBP, fwiw) for the order as they cancelled my order.

I am confused as to why I can only spend €17.03 when I should be able to spend €41.21.

Am I missing anything here? Is there something obvious in the above text that just isn't registering with me atm? lol

Again, I am with Ulster Bank and have a Visa Debit card with them. I have no payments at all coming from my account, the only payments that come from my account are the online purchases I make and any POS I make, nothing else at all.

I check my online banking everyday so I would notice anything suspicious/dodgy with my account straight away. I get statements once a month and I scrutinize them and there has never been anything dodgy like this before.

The bank is closed now until Monday so I'll call into them/phone them first thing Monday about this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No need to wait till monday, give them a call +353 1 804 7475

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Davy wrote: »
    No need to wait till monday, give them a call +353 1 804 7475
    Thank you very much Davy.:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Update:

I phoned Ulster Bank on the number Davy posted and the guy I spoke to said that there is a payment pending to Ax Paris and it could take a few days for it to be released.

I explained to him that the order was cancelled and he said the payment should be released and refunded to my account within a few days.

I'll wait until next Friday and if the payment still hasn't been cancelled/refunded to my account, Ax Paris will be hearing from me.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Google "pre-authorisation"

Advertisement