Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable repair time

Options
  • 13-08-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm sure it's probably being covered before, but can't seem to find it.
    Is there any right to have a repair complete within a certain time?

I've had to return my phone to meteor and have been told it will take 3 weeks (actually it's 3 weeks this coming Monday, was told today it would be more than likely another 4 working days...). This really isn't an acceptable time, especially as I rely on it for work. I should add that the phone is on contract as well as the fact it's well within warranty.

I have being given a replacement, but it can't do what I need it for (exchange and calendar sync).

It's just a bit of a joke that you can sell something and not being offer a replacement within a reasonable time. The main reason I'm querying this is, if I get a different phone and it goes in for repair, am I left 3 weeks out of a month without a proper phone.

Does anyone reckon I have some form of redress or do I just have to bite my jaw and accept it.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Repairs must be done within a reasonable time, but reasonable is not defined anywhere. More than 30 days would be unreasonable for most things, depending on the item then, 3 weeks may well be reasonable.

For your phone, I would expect 2 weeks anyway. 3 is a bit much, and then adding another 4 days that bit much more. However, I'd give them this 4 days and tell them you want it back, or a replacement at that time, or you'll take matters further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

heya mate i work in cpw and i know our policy is if its gone over 28 working days then we just replace the phone, id get that checked out as its in our repair policy in small writing so i would assume it would be in theirs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

something similar happened to me before, shot end is i rang the place that does the repairs in sandyford and they huried it along fo me. Also as the replacement phone i got wasn't suitable i left my details with the manage so when a suitable one came in they held it for me and i swapped the two.

I don't think there is an exchange thing with meteor but i'd love to know if there is. I look at meteor as the ryanair of networks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

For future reference, it's far easier to bring the phone directly to the repair centre yourself. When I used to work in a phone shop, I used to advise everyone to do that as often they got their phone back same day. There is no extra charge for doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

well with regards sending it in for repair directly, it doesn't seem to have mattered. I was first told it was going to Dublin, possibly the UK, when talking to someone the other day, he mentioned possibly the US....

I can't get angry at the staff in the shop, they're just following their guidelines, but it all reeks of bs. We'll see what happens Thursday, will be quite pissed off if it's not resolved there and then.

Cheers for the info, pity there's no defined amount of time in consumer law.

• Advertisement
Advertisement