Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The greatest player I have ever encountered

Options
  • 13-08-2010 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I was thinking guys maybe we could all use this thread to talk about their favourite or best player in their games. Here's my guy;

Ladies and gentlemen I present you Manuel Tews an absolute legend of the CM08 game I'm still playing and am starating season 2027/2028. This guy is a hero. The best right back ever. I'll give you the stats and let you judge for yourself.

He's now 35, signed for Liverpool aged 17, spent a season with the reserves, then a season on loan at Man City and from the age of 19 has played every season with Liverpool ever since, now beginning his 16th season as a first team regular.

818 competitive first team appearences for Liverpool and 30 goals. 513 league appearences and 19 league goals. 138 caps for Germany and 5 goals.

He has won:

Leagues; 9. 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2024, 2025, 2027
    Fa Cup; 12. 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2027
    League Cup; 4. 2014, 2017, 2021, 2022.
    Champions League; 5. 2016, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2025.
    5 super cups, 5 club world cups, 8 community shields.
    World cup; 2022 runner up

Individually; 11 time English players team of the season. 2 winner of European defender of the year

He's been my captain with 11 years now, he's rarely injured. What I also love about the guy is that he has never once considered leaving. He has never felt the need to seek a new challenge and whetever I say in the media he always sides with me. I love the guy.

There's definitely another season of top quality in him. After that I'm not so sure. Next season he'll be 36 and 37 in November. He's still got brilliant attributes but he's slowly getting worse. I don't want to be sentimental and keep playing just because I like the guy. Hopefully we'll put him out to grass after this season. His only flaw is that he won't consider staying in football after he retiers because if he did I would make him my assistant straight away!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Woah, wait a minute....

People still play CM??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Sorry, FM don't know why I put CM there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Thats some decorative player with all those trophies, have you tried to persuade him to take up a coaching roll by talking to the media

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

In FM10 Dzeko is just a machine for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

In FM 10 Alexis Sanchez and Eden Hazard are fantastic after 4/5 seasons.

Type of player I like, super speed, great dribblers, create and score goals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Shane732 wrote: »
    In FM10 Dzeko is just a machine for me...

Likewise, he was in he's prime between 25-28 years old scoring 44 goals each season. After that tho, he went down to 15 or less, so I sold him for 45mil at 31 yo. (bought him for 11mil so happy with that)

Adriano (I know I know) is unreal for the first two seasons. only 8 mil to buy too. Declines fast but a handy cheap striker who will put away a good amount of goals for you.

Must check who is my greatest player now actually. Probably Reina :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Is he a regen or an actual player?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dzeko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Bakayoko was a beast in CM2

Freddy Adu around CM4

Freddy Guarin in FM (not sure which one, but around 2007)

Plenty of random brazilians like fernando genro.

Also - fernando torres in CM 01-02

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Havent played FM since the 09 game (must invest in the new one as I have time on my hands these days)... but few playesr thats stick out from my Forest management days include, Chris Cohen, Tomas Necid, Paul Scharner (yes I said it:pac:) but the one stand out player as ye probably all know from that game is Marquinhos signed from Palmeiros in Brazil... think of Ginola, Henry, Ronaldo, McManaman... and then combine them! Yep he was that good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Ton-Ton Zola Moukoko.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Bakayoko was a beast in CM2

Freddy Adu around CM4

Freddy Guarin in FM (not sure which one, but around 2007)

Plenty of random brazilians like fernando genro.

Also - fernando torres in CM 01-02

Freddy Guarin was an absolute legend!

In CM 01/02 Antonio Gallieri was my best player ever...stats were dirt when he was 17 but for some reason playing in the AMC spot he would bang in 50 goals a season until he was about 24 and then you had to move him to up front and he would just continue on the goal glut!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Spent most of my time playing CM01/02 so this is where i found players more than other games.

CM01/02
    Andres D'Alessandro
    Maxim Tsigalko - 19yo Belarusian, Biggest legend ever in the game, scores goals for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Lots from CM 04 -
    Lesser Knowns like Labinot Harbuzi, Johnnier Montano
    More well known like Arteta, Dalmat, Mido, Bellion

Gonna Track down that game now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

From Football Manager 2005,

Lebohang Mokoena.
    South African, playing in the USA at the start of the game, only 17 and available for around 50k.

Once he hits 19 or so he is words class up front or as an attacking midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

tvercetti wrote: »
    Lots from CM 04 -
    Lesser Knowns like Labinot Harbuzi, Johnnier Montano
    More well known like Arteta, Dalmat, Mido, Bellion

Gonna Track down that game now

Remember him!
    Swedish kid, either at PSV or Feyenoord.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Kennedy Bakırcıoğlu.

Do I need to say anymore to the football managers veterans; it was championship manager back then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

No one mentioned the legend of Cherno Samba :eek:

TheKells wrote: »
    No one mentioned the legend of Cherno Samba :eek:
    #
    True!!

Was he with Millwall?

There was also a Dixon kid; I forget his forename. He was a spurs trainee; played underage for Ireland and was actually in one of Steve Staunton's squad's. He was also unreal. In real life he didn't fulfill his potential because of constant injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Terry Dixon?

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Terry Dixon?

Yes that is who I was thinking of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes that is who I was thinking of :)

I bought him for Southend United just before I left them. Don't think he did much in the higher leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Saviola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

#
    True!!

Was he with Millwall?

There was also a Dixon kid; I forget his forename. He was a spurs trainee; played underage for Ireland and was actually in one of Steve Staunton's squad's. He was also unreal. In real life he didn't fulfill his potential because of constant injuries.

He was, that Milwall team was pure class though, Samba, Richie Sadler, Tim Cahill, Steven Reid, Joe Dolan etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Ton-Ton Zola Moukoko.
    ;)

THE best player of all time!!

srfc19 wrote: »
    THE best player of all time!!

Yes he was the bomb also!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

TonTon is still playing in Finland apparently. Thinkhe only played one game for Derby.

I actually used to always bring 'Romario' to the premiership. He was around 36/37 but he banged them in. It wasn't easy for him to pack up and leave south america for the cold english climate but he always did the job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kim kallstrom, Swedish player
    Taribo West
    Mark Kerr, Scottish lad

But my best player ever was Aghahowa in 01/02
    A beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Ian Moore.

Tonton Zola Moukoko.

Cherno Samba.

Mark Kerr.