Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Good to see Sky arent hyping Harte's performance . . :rolleyes:

Solid no doubt, but nothing that we wouldnt expect from a good keeper . . Then again , he is english . .

Typical tabloid trash from Sky .He has a good 45 minutes and they are proclaiming him as the next Gordon Banks.:rolleyes:
    That new presenter is some gob****e btw .
    Himself and Sven are such spoofers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are like a broken cd/record on a loop man. Not getting the reaction you hoped for?

When people cannot logically debunk your views, you know that they are simply not able to justify their position . . I am not concerned at the lack of responses in the slightest my good friend . .:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And then there was two of them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I like this referee, not afraid to wave away the fair shoulder, too many referees, blow up when they see a small guy like SWP shoved out of it easily, probably why there are so many pussies complaining every tap they get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lennon is a class act.

Typical tabloid trash from Sky .He has a good 45 minutes and they are proclaiming him as the next Gordon Banks.:rolleyes:
    That new presenter is some gob****e btw .
    Himself and Sven are such spoofers.

Eh, did you even watch him last season?

And then there was two of them.:rolleyes:

yes .. Two people not blowing bubbles up Harte's ass for having a solid game . . God, why cant everybody just conform . .

That_Guy wrote: »
    Eh, did you even watch him last season?

Obviously Capello didnt either . . :confused:

It's pouring down by the looks of it... Silva will have to get used to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

yes .. Two people not blowing bubbles up Harte's ass for having a solid game . . God, why cant everybody just conform . .
    LOL goalkeeper of the year last year only had 45 good minutes... Your a rock of sense buddy!!

LOL goalkeeper of the year last year only had 45 good minutes... Your a rock of sense buddy!!

Goalkeeper of the year ? ? ?!!! lol . .

Of course playing for a mid table EPL team has the same pressure as playing for a top club with the pressure and weight of expectation ?!

Wasnt even considered the best keeper in the England squad . . Unless Capello is just a hopeless manager ! ! Yes, its not English players that the problem, its everybody else . . :D

The guy is unproven at the top of the game (birmingham are not what most would consider a top club) . . He has looked good today, but some of the comments (prob from City fans) are hilarious and not too differant to the usual hype that surrounds up and coming players in England . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

City's socks are terrible

He's having a stormer. Single handedly keeping City in this game. Why not heap praise on him for having a good game thus far?

Nobody's saying that he's gonna be the best keeper this season. We're judging him on a game to game basis and in this game he's having a stormer. How you can't see that is beyond me.

"Thursday nights, Channel Five." :D

In the words of Rafa.. These are facts... PFA team of the year Keeper anyone!! And yes Capello is a plonker thus the whole nation begging for Hart to be in goal..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nailz wrote: »
    "Thursday nights, Channel Five." :D

Liverpool have first dibs on that slot I think. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So AJ comnig on for SWP! Might be the spark City need.

Yes. He was easily the most consistent keeper last season.
    Of course playing for a mid table EPL team has the same pressure as playing for a top club with the pressure and weight of expectation !

And he's proving himself right now before our very eyes.
    Wasnt even considered the best keeper in the England squad . . Unless Capello is just a hopeless manager ! ! Yes, its not English players that the problem, its everybody else . . :D

Capello imo is a hopeless manager. Their World Cup showed that. Clueless and bad management and bad team selections.
    The guy is unproven at the top of the game (birmingham are not what most would consider a top club) . . He has looked good today, but some of the comments (prob from City fans) are hilarious and not too differant to the usual hype that surrounds up and coming players in England . .

Yes he's unproven at the very very top but he has the potential to do so and has had a brilliant game today for City.

As for hilarious comments. Read back through your own and get off your anti-English BS. Getting very tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney and Ronaldo are coming on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anyone else see ronaldo for ronaldo coming on?

• Advertisement

Johnson. Just what City need. Looked shoite down the wing thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Come on the nil-nil draw.

Ha graphics fail! Rooney and Ronaldo coming on :D

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool have first dibs on that slot I think. ;)

Hehe! :)

All of City's attacks are shades of nothing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ronaldo on for Rooney :D

He's having a stormer. Single handedly keeping City in this game. Why not heap praise on him for having a good game thus far?

Nobody's saying that he's gonna be the best keeper this season. We're judging him on a game to game basis and in this game he's having a stormer. How you can't see that is beyond me.

City have to be judged as top clubs are . . With more stringent standards . .

I think as a top club, he has been very good today, but he hasnt made any saves that wouldnt be expected from a team expecting a champions league spot . .

I know its harsh but if these are two potential top 4 teams most of his saves have been poor finishing by spurs and shots straight at him . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the joke??

TAKE A TOUCH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Harte proved himself with a team that finished in the top half last season and his performances had a lot to do with them finishing 9th.

Capello didn't start him because he is still a young goalkeeper and you are obviously going to pick somebody with international experience in a big tournament. He brought him along though for the experience because its clear to everybody that he is going to be the England no.1 for a long, long time, barring major injury of course.

We don't conform on football views here, well on most stuff but on basic stuff like when a goalkeeper is having an excellent game most people will agree because its just blatantly obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

As is typical with the English media, he'll make one high profile mistake for the national team and be crucified like Robinson was.

I think he's a very good keeper,(Definitely the best English keeper), however I think like all English players 25% hype is added to their real ability and 50% cost is added to their value. I think Shay Given is better than Hart as it stands but I understand their decision to stick with the young keeper. I really hope Given moves to Arsenal ( its a move that should have happened years ago.)

If Stephen Ireland was English he'd he in the starting line up now. He was Citys best player for the past two years. Instead they are going to trade him for English starlet Milner. IMO he won't be as effective as Ireland was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the joke??

Somebody at Sky put the wrong names up on the graphic for Spurs' last substitution :p

Have to say Bale's been terrific... Player i always liked and looks like he's gonna do the business again this year.

City have to be judged as top clubs are . . With more stringent standards . .

I think as a top club, he has been very good today, but he hasnt made any saves that wouldnt be expected from a team expecting a champions league spot . .

I know its harsh but if these are two potential top 4 teams most of his saves have been poor finishing by spurs and shots straight at him . .

While I agree with the sentiment of this post, the first save he made today against Defoe's shot was utterly outstanding, and he has made every other save that is expected of him. So far, that's a good enough performance for a top 4 keeper.

What's the joke??

Sky Sports had Rooney and Ronaldo instead of Pavlychenko and Keane on the graphics bar.

Tevez up front on his own is rarely if ever in the box. It's a really odd system that is being employed here.

Mancini does know he's in charge of a ELP side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Harry is going for it here!

Waaaayyy Rooney Ronaldo

Harte proved himself with a team that finished in the top half last season and his performances had a lot to do with them finishing 9th.

Capello didn't start him because he is still a young goalkeeper and you are obviously going to pick somebody with international experience in a big tournament. He brought him along though for the experience because its clear to everybody that he is going to be the England no.1 for a long, long time, barring major injury of course.

We don't conform on football views here, well on most stuff but on basic stuff like when a goalkeeper is having an excellent game most people will agree because its just blatantly obvious.

Fair enough . .

Will Given get the move ?

• Advertisement

Graphics fail No. 2

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    As is typical with the English media, he'll make one high profile mistake for the national team and be crucified like Robinson was.

I think he's a very good keeper,(Definitely the best English keeper), however I think like all English players 25% hype is added to their real ability and 50% cost is added to their value. I think Shay Given is better than Hart as it stands but I understand their decision to stick with the young keeper. I really hope Given moves to Arsenal ( its a move that should have happened years ago.)

If Stephen Ireland was English he'd he in the starting line up now. He was Citys best player for the past two years. Instead they are going to trade him for English starlet Milner. IMO he won't be as effective as Ireland was.

Of course the media over hype things but FFS, if you can't form your own opinion of a player then there's no hope for you.

Sure apparently Lampard and Gerrard are brilliant in midfield together when they play for England if you're to believe the hype.

Hart's starting in goal is justified today. He's played brilliantly. I really don't understand how people can't see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye thats the second time Rooney's been taken off in this match, musn't be one of his better days

Fair enough . .

Will Given get the move ?

You caved rather easily.

Adam Johnson is 2x the player SWP is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PHB wrote: »
    Tevez up front on his own is rarely if ever in the box. It's a really odd system that is being employed here.

Its diabolical really.
    The midfield has no creativity at all and Tevez is playing too deep.
    Barry and De Jong wont create anything ,SWP is useless ,(Why is he in the team ?)and Toure is poor today.
    City look like they came for a point,for all their money they are a dreadfully negative team.

• Advertisement

Micah still getting torn apart by Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If Spurs can get Dos Santos to replicate his World Cup form they'll have a very exciting player on their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mike65 wrote: »
    Mancini does know he's in charge of a ELP side?

ELP?

Of course the media over hype things but FFS, if you can't form your own opinion of a player then there's no hope for you.

Sure apparently Lampard and Gerrard are brilliant in midfield together when they play for England if you're to believe the hype.

Eh? I think everyone in the media tells otherwise and have done so for a while now. Its only managers who persist with that belief

Right Foot fail!

• Advertisement
Advertisement