Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

De Jong does amazing. Bale does poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ShooterSF wrote: »

:pac: Well if City win he will be a Lucky Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Oh Bale, you've done everything but score today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That_Guy wrote: »

Hart's starting in goal is justified today. He's played brilliantly. I really don't understand how people can't see that.

Its because Given has done nothing to deserve being dropped and most people are confident he would of made the same saves that Harte made today .. . How cant you understand that ?

Given will not and does not want to be one of the many overpaid twat's sitting on the bench at City. If City knew they were going to start Harte they should of let Given know long before yesterday ! Like Dunne and Stephen Ireland (that did nothing to be deserving of the chop - SWP wtf!), its not hard to see why Irish People would consider City to be a completely soulless club with no regard for good players thats only sin is performing well, playing their best for the club . .

Then when you see the Likes of Lescott and Sean Wright Phillips (overhyped average english players) displacing Irish players who are better and giving more to the team, its quite simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mike65 wrote: »
    Eh? I think everyone in the media tells otherwise and have done so for a while now. Its only managers who persist with that belief

Phil Thompson said it on SSN after the first game against USA... Although I suppose he is an ex manager.

Ah Bale ya bollocks. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

De Jong saves Cityyyy!!

You caved rather easily.

:D

I think he is playing really well . . Just fed up with Sky hyping english players . .

I come here to get away from that Sh*t and just felt that it was just being regurgitated ! !

How has there not been a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

BIG TACKLE

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice Sky being off today? The subs are messed up, but also the replays have a couple of times cut into the ongoing play. Very unlike them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

:pac: Well if City win he will be a Lucky Man

Well recovered sir. Well recovered indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just backed City now, have a feeling Adebayor is gonna score. And if he does get one, I'm backing the draw immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Too slow Ya-Ya. Again

Gio has looked real lively since he has come on.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just backed City now, have a feeling Adebayor is gonna score. And if he does get one, I'm backing the draw immediately.
    What Price?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Its because Given has done nothing to deserve being dropped and most people are confident he would of made the same saves that Harte made today .. . How cant you understand that ?

Given will not and does not want to be one of the many overpaid twat's sitting on the bench at City. Like Dunne and Stephen Ireland (that did nothing to be deserving of the chop - SWP wtf!), its not hard to see why Irish People would consider City to be a completely soulless club with no regard for good players thats only sin is performing well, playing their best for the club . .

Then when you see the Likes of Lescott and Sean Wright Phillips (overhyped average english players) displacing Irish players who are better and giving more to the team, its quite simple really.

Given hasn't done anything wrong no. But Hart, having been named keeper of the year last season hasn't done anything wrong to not warrant a place in goal.

Given is a top quality keeper. No doubt about it but Hart is also a quality keeper and is definitely one for the future and I can understand the reasoning behind Mancini's decision to start him goal.

You're anti-English nature, as I've said before is extremely tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

C'mon Spurs...Don't want my accumulator lost even befor 3pm

Fair enough . .

Will Given get the move ?
    I hope so, I'd love to see him go to Arsenal tbh. He deserves to get to play CL football.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Anyone else notice Sky being off today? The subs are messed up, but also the replays have a couple of times cut into the ongoing play. Very unlike them.

Bit rusty after the long hiatus. Don't worry, 3 weeks and they'll be grand. ;)

What Price?
    Just better than 7/1 when I did it.

Even as a city fan, do you not hate Adebayer ? 20+ Mil and he hasnt exactly been value for money . . Handy to have against Arsenal though, you will never see a player run faster from one end of the pitch to another ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Of course the media over hype things but FFS, if you can't form your own opinion of a player then there's no hope for you.

Yea he's had a good game, he's a good keeper. We all know that, however, I still don't think that Shay Given (one of the top 3 keepers in the premier league for years), who has played consistantly the way Hart has played today, deserves to be relegated to sub keeper. Thats my opinion.

Maybe one of those guys people love to hate.. But as a City fan i adore De Jong!

Gareth Bale really reminds me of Beckham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

somebody needs to tell Pavy that he has teammates and he can use them.

Biggest anti-climax ever. (Stupid stream)

Give us a winner.

Even as a city fan, do you not hate Adebayer ? 20+ Mil and he hasnt exactly been value for money . . Handy to have against Arsenal though ! :p
    Obviously you don't have sigs on, I'm not a City fan.

Maybe one of those guys people love to hate.. But as a City fan i adore De Jong!

Ya have to be at a big club to be a "love to hate" player :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Give us a winner.

No give us a draw !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Of all the games on today I had this down for the most goaltastic

FT 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U & Chelsea will be watching this and thinking, is that it? Both teams disappointed today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best goal-less draw I've ever seen.

Ya have to be at a big club to be a "love to hate" player :P :P
    Ye look at Robbie Savage sure:rolleyes:

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Yea he's had a good game, he's a good keeper. We all know that, however, I still don't think that Shay Given (one of the top 3 keepers in the premier league for years), who has played consistantly the way Hart has played today, deserves to be relegated to sub keeper. Thats my opinion.

And he'll move on. If Arsenal don't go for him I'll be very surprised. As a Newcastle fan I've always wanted Shay to do well. Justified his move away from us and hopefully he'll be playing CL football this year with Arsenal.

Tottenham would be disappointed, City should be happy with that, by all right they should have been beaten.

I thought Spurs looked very good myself. Although still think that they lack that world class striker that United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have. Giovanni looks like he could start fulfilling his potential.

Really enjoyable game of football though, how I love the premiership and how **** the world cup was :)

Obviously you don't have sigs on, I'm not a City fan.

How do you turn sigs on ? (Im 32 going on 90!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Of all the games on today I had this down for the most goaltastic

FT 0-0

Good result for Liverpool in the race for fourth.

'Arry to kill someone (probably Joe Harte) and fingers crossed Mancini to stick with these defensive tactics :D (has to view this as a point gained)

• Advertisement

Ye look at Robbie Savage sure:rolleyes:

Earned his reputation during his time with United clearly..

(:P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dissapointing not to get it in the net Really feels like 2 dropped today

How do you turn sigs on ? (Im 32 going on 90!)
    User CP at the top of the page, goto edit options, tick show signatures and save.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Man City may have spent the most money on the midfield, but its definitely where they looked the most vulnerable today!

Earned his reputation during his time with United clearly..

(:P)
    And De Jong got his playing in the WC final for Holland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

didnt see todays game how did modric play???

Good game to kick off the new season. Spurs will be kicking themselves and City will count themselves lucky to have earned anything from that shocking display.

Good to have the footy back and a wee bit o' arguments in the ol' match threads.

Oh how I've missed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

And he'll move on. If Arsenal don't go for him I'll be very surprised. As a Newcastle fan I've always wanted Shay to do well. Justified his move away from us and hopefully he'll be playing CL football this year with Arsenal.

I agree. I really hope he gets the Arsenal move and doesn't end up at Celtic or Fulham, he's far too good for those teams ( no disrespect).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    didnt see todays game how did modric play???
    Played very well beside Huddlestone in CM kept things ticking over popped up everywhere and still was back to do his defensive duty's. All I can say is I'm delighted I don't have to wait a week for our next match

• Advertisement

Mancini's voice! :)

Advertisement