Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City match thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Performance wise it gives me a lot of hope for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nailz wrote: »
    Mancini's voice! :)

Thats Don Mancini to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Good result for Liverpool in the race for fourth.

If Liverpool fans are thinking like this at this stage of the season then it's great news for City and Spurs!

Spurs looked great today, but their lack of a truly world class striker is worrying. Defoe, Keane, and Pavlyuchenko are all essentially the same type of striker, and they're all lacking that killer instinct that they had at various points in the past. Relying on one of them to be in form is not a great place to be in. good to see Assou-Ekotto have such a great game though, he was a weak link last year.

I thought City looked pretty bad. Hart and De Jong were their best players. Yaya Toure looked yards of the pace and Silva didn't seem to have any idea of where he should be, and consequently had a bad game.

Augurs well for the premiership at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Happy with the result seeing as we never win at the Lane.

Some positives, De Jong and Hart in particular, but we were average enough all up.

Top of the table though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Performance wise it gives me a lot of hope for the season

Ya definitely, although I thought all 4 of the strikers were poor enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Very impressed with Spurs today, they just need to sort out a striking partnership now - easier said than done!

Man City were very poor for me, Spurs had so much more hunger, looks like a point saved for City.

What a terrible attempt SWP made at being clear through, would have been harsh on Spurs though.

Hart had a good game, a few decent saves, but he really needs to work on his distribution,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Excellent start for me . . I just realised I have Gomes in goals in my Fantasy Footie team . . Yay 0-0 ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Spurs looked very good. City poor enough at times. City probably happy with the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Frustrating being a spurs fan. The amount of decent chances we had in that match. Oh well we didn't lose and the team looks pretty decent. Bring on the Young Boys on Tuesday, I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

One question everyone says we are missing that Rooney/Drogba/Torres Striker but I can't think of anyone really that is out there at the moment and available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Happy enough with the point.

It's only the first game and anyone who thinks that is enough to predict the rest of the season is mad. Spurs were far better in the first half and Hart and Kompany kept us in it. Second half was even enough.

Something to look forward to is that we will get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

After that first half, Hart is worth his weight in gold!!!! De Jong also had a great game.
    Silva did ok for his first game, did nothing great but I reckon he will settle in.
    Spurs looked pretty sharp but they badly need a good centre forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

One question everyone says we are missing that Rooney/Drogba/Torres Striker but I can't think of anyone really that is out there at the moment and available

Today had nothing to do with missing a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sherifu wrote: »
    Spurs looked very good. City poor enough at times. City probably happy with the point.

happy? over the bloody moon i would have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier as i wasn't on here when i was watching the game,

but did others notice Rooney and Ronaldo coming on all the time on Sky when subs were made? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Marq wrote: »
    If Liverpool fans are thinking like this at this stage of the season then it's great news for City and Spurs!

This season is all about getting back in the Champions League for Liverpool.

As City and Spurs are odds-on to be involved in that race then a draw between the two is clearly a great result for Liverpool.

2 points dropped now is the same as 2 points dropped in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Drumpot wrote: »
    Excellent start for me . . I just realised I have Gomes in goals in my Fantasy Footie team . . Yay 0-0 ! !

Hate to not have Hart. :D

Spurs deserved it in the first half, City in the second.
    A good result, not many teams will leave WHL with points, not conceding.

3 DM in midfield, what the **** Roberto?

City will only get better, a slow start.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Even as a city fan, do you not hate Adebayer ? 20+ Mil and he hasnt exactly been value for money . . Handy to have against Arsenal though, you will never see a player run faster from one end of the pitch to another ! :p

Why would we hate Adebayor? Last season he missed several matches, was involved in the Togo bus attack where one of his friends died.

Still managed 14 Premier league goals.

"Oh no, he hasn't fulfilled his price tag, I shall hate him for it!" Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'm happy enough with the point, especially after that first half battering. A big improvement from the corresponding game last season, a woeful 3-0 drubbing. Most of our lads who were on world cup duty looked a bit off the pace, but that was understandable. The one obvious downside was Micah; Bale was tearing him to pieces, especially in that first half. The sooner Boateng is fully fit, the better.

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    As is typical with the English media, he'll make one high profile mistake for the national team and be crucified like Robinson was.

I think he's a very good keeper,(Definitely the best English keeper), however I think like all English players 25% hype is added to their real ability and 50% cost is added to their value. I think Shay Given is better than Hart as it stands but I understand their decision to stick with the young keeper. I really hope Given moves to Arsenal ( its a move that should have happened years ago.)

If Stephen Ireland was English he'd he in the starting line up now. He was Citys best player for the past two years. Instead they are going to trade him for English starlet Milner. IMO he won't be as effective as Ireland was.

He has had 1 good season in 4 years. The only consistent thing about Ireland is his inconsistency. City would have qualified for the CL last season if they had a creative play maker. Ireland's terrible form after his "heart attack" made him bench worthy, take off your emerald tints, please.

I've been a City fan all my life and I've been to more games then 90% of the people on this site, probably. I went to 17 games last season. I know Stephen Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement