Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else looking at boards making themselves more nervous?

• 13-08-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

the title pretty much speaks for itself, I got a letter from school today saying we can come in after 10 but I was planning on going in at 9 don't know how I'm going to kill that hour! :rolleyes: But everytime I go on boards i realise how close it is and get so nervous,feel like I'm destined to repeat! :eek: anyone else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

what's your first choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Think I'd prefer to wait til 12 and get them online. I'd KINDA like to not be surrounded by people when I open it you know

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

The nervousness hasnt gotten to me yet but i can feel it coming anyday now:).....tuesday an wednesday mourning are gonna be so rough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm surprisingly calm, been keeping myself busy but really not liking the fact we have to wait. Another couple of days won't kill me though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Yes D:

I don't have it too bad though, I'm flying home on the 17th and I'll get home at about 11pm, which is a nice distraction!

Do all schools send letters out stating the time etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Ours didn't! So I assume it's just 9...

Not sure what time my school is open as i've heard different things off of different people. Probably heading in for about nine if I can get myself up. If it's not open i'll just wait, more than likely I won't be the only person there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

We haven't heard anything off our school yet either, so suppose its around 9 or so... our school is quite fond of texting parents so i i'd say the mammy will be getting a text sometime early next week... :p

And YES i for one am getting nervous now.... :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Our school haven't got in touch with us. They will probably text next Monday!

If they don't I'm just heading in for around 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Probably heading in for about nine if I can get myself up..

Haha I don't think anyone is gonna sleep tuesday night!....I for one won't with the excitement mixed with nerves! :P:D
    I can't wait, will probably head in to town at around 8, get breakfast with the lads and then walk up to the school around 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I'm really not nervous, more excited to find out how I did. The waiting is seriously annoying me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Yes, wasn't very nervous at all til I came on here

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I honestly couldn't care less about them right now. I probably would be if I thought about them a lot more but I completely forgot about them over the summer. They aren't the end of the world, I mean the worst that can happen is you have to repeat a year but that doesn't mean your life will stop because you have to redo the LC.

zoom! wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't care less about them right now. I probably would be if I thought about them a lot more but I completely forgot about them over the summer.

Summer was grand I wasn't worried at all... it's only in the past week that I've been this nervous!

They aren't the end of the world, I mean the worst that can happen is you have to repeat a year but that doesn't mean your life will stop because you have to redo the LC.

yeah, but I would kinda prefer not to repeat, I'm old enough as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Ditzie wrote: »
    Summer was grand I wasn't worried at all... it's only in the past week that I've been this nervous!

yeah, but I would kinda prefer not to repeat, I'm old enough as it is!

Nah Summer was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Why what age are you Ditzie?

Sure i'm 19 going on 20 in January and repeated this year, all my friends were younger than me and none of them repeated, they are all going into 2nd and 3rd year, i'm only going into 1st year but **** it, it's only a year and you may as well get the course you want like :)

lc2010 wrote: »
    Haha I don't think anyone is gonna sleep tuesday night!....I for one won't with the excitement mixed with nerves! :P:D
    I can't wait, will probably head in to town at around 8, get breakfast with the lads and then walk up to the school around 9.

I probably won't sleep at all but it still seems so early after a summer of waking up late! I'm sure i'll be wide awake by the time I get to the school gates, thinking the nerves will kick in then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i just want to pull these fews so that i could get over it!

3 days, 16 hours, 12 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yeah it is, particularly the posts off a certain un-named poster.

• Advertisement

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Why what age are you Ditzie?

Sure i'm 19 going on 20 in January and repeated this year, all my friends were younger than me and none of them repeated, they are all going into 2nd and 3rd year, i'm only going into 1st year but **** it, it's only a year and you may as well get the course you want like :)

I'm 19 now (TY) will be 20 in may and I'm nearly the oldest in my year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I honestly couldn't care less about them right now. I probably would be if I thought about them a lot more but I completely forgot about them over the summer. They aren't the end of the world, I mean the worst that can happen is you have to repeat a year but that doesn't mean your life will stop because you have to redo the LC.

What if you're already a repeat? :p

Feels like last chance saloon. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annabananaaa

Aoife is a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Aoife is a tool.
    Who and why??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

THFC wrote: »
    Who and why??:confused:

Prob a troll, it was their first ever post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aoife is a tool.

Welcome to boards. This forum is not for you to abuse others. Please read the Forum Charter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What if you're already a repeat? :p

Feels like last chance saloon. :(

It's not though.
    There is always another way.

Advertisement