Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The real cost of a site

Options
  • 13-08-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Hey. Am looking at a site at the moment. In the midlands area. Site(3 Acre) is priced(starting) at €60,000. States it has full planning permission. I don't have much regard the 'permission' the site is being sold with as i know this expires next June 2011. And the permission is also for family members of the site owners only. I think at the moment agricultural land is priced at around €7,000 an acre. Does anybody here have any accurate information that i could base a decision on and any offer price that would be realistic. I was thinking it would be worth around €35,000????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

go to local council and clarify the planning situation, seems like you wont be able to do much with it if you get it

even paying 7K an acre or whatever is not much good if you cant build on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Have tried that. Estate agent keeps trying to get a starting bid out of me before he allows the pre-planning meeting. Tells me another party are interested and are willing to pay the full asking price and thats why he took so long getting back to me(Maybe a bluff). My real question i suppose is how much is three acres of land, 15mins from a large town, two minutes from a national road worth.
    Flat land. good drainage, upward slope at the rear surrounded by open farmland. Anybody here an estate agent(Willing to tell me the truth anonymously) or someone else in the know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

If you know the location of the site (townland etc) or better again the planning reference you can go onto the relevant County councils website and look up all the planning details. All the details are up there except for some personal details and you can search by map if you know where to look.

I have been doing this lately as I don't want to deal with an EA until I have to. I have also done it when renting to get the exact SQF of houses and to see does the layout suit etc. Saves wasting the landlords time and mine.

PM me if you want a bit of help about finding it, I will do the best I can

Advertisement