Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STALKER 2 announced

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

What other problems you getting in Stalker overheal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Cant wait for this, I love the Stalker games. SOC was fantastic and v original but loved the sandbox effect of COP

• Registered Users Posts: 83,312 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

thats all I've noted so far. I think the controls are a little clunky too but thats easy to get used to. Just played hundreds of hours in the Source Engine and im use to my avatar basically being a floating point camera with a model and a gun, not something that bobs around and reacts physicially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are on sale on steam. €7.50 for the two of them.

At that price I'm tempted to give it a go, though I'm not a big fan of difficult games usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

This thread has me installing SOC again and DLing the 2009 mod, cant wait i haven't being back to Chernobyl in an age. Really enjoyed the games, looking forward to the next installment.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I've tried to start COP again but can't enable directx10, every time I try to launch a save with dx10 enabled it just crashes and I gotta kill it in task manager. Anyone have any ideas?

Got it sorted, was the extra HD sky textures in the Reloaded mod I was running (not scene release Reloaded, I actually own all these games, believe it or not :D). Runs absolutely fine with the mod without the sky textures

Basically its enabling the dynamic lighting which causes the game to crash. Its a v well known issue on this game and as usual theirs no patch to stop the problem. All you can hope for is uninstall/reinstall and play again.

This thread has me installing SOC again and DLing the 2009 mod, cant wait i haven't being back to Chernobyl in an age. Really enjoyed the games, looking forward to the next installment.

Oblivion Lost mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

Shams wrote: »
    Oblivion Lost mod?

nah the stalker complete 2009

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh what killed stalker for me was the obtuse missions/storyline..i usually find myself wandering around the zone weighed down with a ton of gear wondering just what the fook I'm supposed to be doing. :confused:

Great atmosphere though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Excuse me for being a newbie, but how is it gonna be playable on the xbox 360.
    The same way Metro 2033 and Crysis 2, two of the most visually stunning games out there at the moment, are playable on it.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    As I said Stalker is nearly all about atmosphere, not sure how they'll dumb it down for consoles and still make it good. Its also ridiculously hard, are they going to make it easier for controller players, if they do that they'll ruin it completely
    Fallout 3 and Metro 2033 didn't lose atmosphere on the 360, in fact they still played brilliantly. Seriously, do you two ever get sick of the console bashing? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

gizmo wrote: »
    The same way Metro 2033 and Crysis 2, two of the most visually stunning games out there at the moment, are playable on it.

Fallout 3 and Metro 2033 didn't lose atmosphere on the 360, in fact they still played brilliantly. Seriously, do you two ever get sick of the console bashing? :rolleyes:

I only recently tried the demo of metro 2033 on PC after finishing the game about 4 times on xbox. The difference in visual quality is night and day, it looks great on 360 but oh my days, the PC version even just running in DX10 mode just ****s all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I only recently tried the demo of metro 2033 on PC after finishing the game about 4 times on xbox. The difference in visual quality is night and day, it looks great on 360 but oh my days, the PC version even just running in DX10 mode just ****s all over it.
    You should see it running in DX11 mode, it's ****ing stunning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

gizmo wrote: »
    You should see it running in DX11 mode, it's ****ing stunning. :D
    It's stunning, for a slideshow :D

It's stunning, for a slideshow :D
    on what spec?

Apparently 6 months after launch, the metro 2033 pc demo launched this week?

Odd.

http://www.platformnation.com/2010/08/29/metro-2033-demo-available-for-pc/

Nah I was just messing around, only if you're using a 5770 or 5750 should it have low FPS.

!

What? Going by some benches a 5770 would be lucky to get past 25FPS on 1920X1080 on DirectX11, and in my opinion anything below 30 is low.

Sweet ill give it a try

Atmosfear 2.0 is out for call of pripyat btw

Its pretty badass

Atmosfear 2.0 is out for call of pripyat btw

Its pretty badass

Downloaded............

F*cuking loving it ! Thx man!

• Advertisement

Shams wrote: »
    Downloaded............

F*cuking loving it ! Thx man!

:D

The blowouts are effing terrifying, its brilliant!

Advertisement