Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayotoday.ie

Options
  • 13-08-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen this site.....great idea and well pulled together.

http://www.mayotoday.ie/

I have no conenction....a chap called Anthony Hickey is doing it. Great to have things like cinema listing and mobile friendly too. It is a big change from getting the local news on MWR web site which is staid and dull.

The other interesting thing that differentiates it is that there is no death notices! ;)

I hope it works out and goes from strength to strength.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

All the best to Mayotoday.

imho nothing wrong with showing Mayo deaths. Many people listen to or log into RMW for this each morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

They could at least got an Irish host for the website, they went to the bother to get a .ie domain then host in the USA. Its annoying when You can nearly count to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 donalgeraghty

ya its a fantastic website,with all the latest news,he operates a twitter for every town in mayo,great idea,all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ex Western People journo. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

donalgeraghty

How do you access the twitter feature for each town pls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

nuac wrote: »
    All the best to Mayotoday.

imho nothing wrong with showing Mayo deaths. Many people listen to or log into RMW for this each morning.

I appreciate why MWR do it and that there is a big demand for it....I think Paul Claffey was the guy who introduced it first. I'm sure it may have been a risky idea at the time, he's now reaping the rewards in spades. Is that public service broadcasting, giving the people what they want?

It's just not my cup of tea...... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jer1ch0

In all honesty, all the media organisations in the west and elsewhere are doing it. http://www.con-telegraph.ie on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Advertisement