Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Pixmania refund for part of a purchase?

Options
  • 13-08-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I have a refund sitting at Pixmania for a printer I returned. The printer I've chosen to replace it is slightly dearer. The site gives me a choice of paying either with the refund or by card, but I can't see a way to do it with both. Has anyone done it , or asked them the same question? (Can't ring them till Monday!).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you choose the refund what happens at checkout? Does it just refuse or will it ask for an additional payment source for the balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Good thinking, jor el!
    I've just been trying again though, and it didn't work. At the checkout, I can use '1 of 3' payment options. There's the usual credit card or money transfer, plus a frame for paying with 'part or all' of my Pix Piggy Bank (credit) money, with a box for entering how much of the credit I want to use. I've tried both entering my total credit, and entering to total price of my purchase. In both cases I'm sent back to the same page, inviting me to enter the amout of credit I want to use.....
    However, while on the site I found a way to email Pixmania. I'd done it in the past, but couldn't find the link yesterday; it wasn't in 'contact us' (and I assumed it was discontinued, or not available pre-purchase). It's a tiny link in a page about 'warranty & after-sales service' (I might only have access to it because I've already bought stuff from Pixmania). I didn't see the link the first time I looked (it required viewing the screen from a certain angle!).
    So I've now sent them an email with my question, to which they'll apparently reply within 24 hours (I've had replies in the past that were complete non-sequiturs, but at least they were prompt!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Hello,

I have just been made aware of your review and I would like to express my apologies for the trouble you have had using your pix&I credit.

This can be used our credit card or bank transfer payment option.

I would like to offer our assistance, please send you phone number directly to me by e-mail kate@pixmania.com and we will help you place the order over the phone.

Best regards,

Kate
    Mediator Pixmania
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/

Thanks Pix. Mediator, but I rang Customer sevices on Monday, they explained things and I've made the purchase.
    The problem I ran into (like others before me) is the way the checkout displays how much credit we have available to spend. It showed a little bit more than the actual sum, so my payment was refused when I entered what the website told me I had. I was advised to try entering a cent or two less than the amount shown, but I didn't want to repeat the whole shopping session more than 1 more time, so deducted €1 to make sure, and was able to complete the purchase.
    The problem could be diverting some spending away from Pixmania, and it seems to me it could be easily fixed.
    I followed the 'Suggestions' link, but it showed me a drop-down menu with no 'suggestions' option. The message I sent there may have gone to the wrong people, so perhaps you could pass this on to the website designer;

Please tell us exactly how much credit we have. If that's not possible, round it down instead of up (it could be corrected during some later transaction). If that's not possible, add a line or two in the Piggy Bank section of the checkout, instructing us to enter less than you tell us we have (and how much to deduct).
    (Oh, and either rename the Suggestions button, or make it work!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Hello,

I am glad you were able to place your order.

Your comments will be passed onto our IT department.

As this isn't a general problem it would help to have your order number.

I remain available on kate@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Kate
    Mediator Pixmania
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Thanks Kate, but I think it is a general problem, as the Customer Care line people said it wasn't the first time it had come up, and knew immediately what I should do to get round it. So I suggest you ask them.
    Sorry I didn't notice your posting earlier (I assumed this topic was resolved).

Advertisement