Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iomega Screenplay doesn't work with Sony Products??

• 13-08-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Recently got a 2010 Sony TV, and a PS3 and neither Sony can see my Iomega Screenplay Media Drive via USB.

Strange one, coz when I connect to my Phillips 42PFL8404 via USB it starts it immediatly.

Want transfer movies to the HD on the PS. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I filled one of these drives for a mate before, they don't even show the files in Windows through usb without installing their software (not plug and play). You've no way of installing the software on either the Sony TV or the PS3. The network ones will show up as network drives though, is this a network one with an ethernet port or wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I filled one of these drives for a mate before, they don't even show the files in Windows through usb without installing their software. You've no way of installing the software on either the Sony TV or the PS3. The network ones will show up as network drives though, is this a network one with an ethernet port?

No, no ethernet. it's about 3 years old, not a the Director version and no HDMI.

Looks like I'll have to pick up a cheap portable HD to solve my problem - anyone have a problem with these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-FreeAgent-500GB-Portable-Drive/dp/B001EASPZW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Is it a NTFS issue?

I think PS3 can only read FAT32, and i'd wager the Sony TV is the same.

Is it a NTFS issue?

I think PS3 can only read FAT32, and i'd wager the Sony TV is the same.

So is there something I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You can reformat the drive as FAT32 (or create a dedicated FAT32 partition). I believe that Iomega supply a utility for this - if not it is very simple to do via Windows.

However you will lose all data on the drive. Its possible to go from FAT32 > NTFS and retain the data, but not the other way around.

Note that FAT32 has some limitations, including a max file size of 4GB. So if you have HD movies you will probably need a workaround.

*Note that this all assumes that NTFS is your problem. Have you checked to confirm this is the case?

• Advertisement

Thanks vooddoo, got a portable hd today, so no need to use the iomega. needed one anyway!

Did a little research - PS3 only does FAT32 so I'm formatting the new drive, leaving the iomega as is.

Thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fat32 only does a max of 4GB files, nothing bigger. Why not format it NTFS, plug it into Your pc, right click the drive and select share, then Your PS3 will see it

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, that's what I did. PS3 will happily read files larger than 4GB over the network, but not a chance of it recognising any filesystem that allows files over 4GB.

I guess they're fully aware of MKV's etc, and since they make films etc...

Windows only formats to exfat not fat32, still no joy :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement