Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic attacks, anxious.

Options
  • 13-08-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey,

I'd like to get some help. For about 4 or more years i've been getting panic attacks, lately there more frequent and i'm obsessing over my health, everyday its something new. I could turn a tiny finger pain into thinking i'm having a heart attack. The past few months i've been planning on moving away and they have become almost unbearable, i'm imagining things that aren't even there and i'm constantly anxious. Can anyone help on how to get rid of these, i've been in counselling for over a year but haven't been able to get panic under control and my doctor just gives me tablets and fobs me off. I just want to get rid of them nd get on with my life.

x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I dont think you can just get rid of them really from my experiance i think you just have to learn to live with it and then once you do that you wont notice it as much and then they seem like less of a big deal and become more manageable but getting there wont happen unless you try get a grip on the problem.

Repetition i found was the best way to get over the panic attacks like if getting the bus would set me off id just keep doing it every day till it wasnt that big of a problem, id still have panic attacks tho, i stll have them hell i had a one today. But they dont last as long as you think people generally wont know if your having one.

Mine kinda eased off i use to have them insanely bad and they stopped me doing anything and everything and this friend of the family was driving me to see some cognative doctor type person and he said to me , No one care's if you have a panic because no one ever see's it , if you have one in the street people dont notice because they are busy doing there own thing. So you really shouldnt worry about having a panic attack around people because they wont notice.

And thats true no one ever does notice and once you kinda realise that for me anyway it made it easyer to do things that would normaly freak me out like being on the bus cause for the most part panic attacks are all in our heads

Advertisement