Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Boards Fantasy Football

• 13-08-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Well lads I started a Waterford Boards.ie league on the premier league fantasy football website.
    Code to join is 1631862-309719
    The more the merrier.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i just joined, bring on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm now in about 8 different leagues. Surely I'll do ok in one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

inski

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'll give it a shot..9 different leagues for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I did my usual. Bought 4 players feeling really proud of myself, realised I had about 60.5 points left for the rest of the team, promptly felt stupid and sulked while I picked the 4.5 players for the rest of the team....

Still in though. :D

I'm confident this year,

Usually it's all over by December but thus year will be different, it's quality how Bale has been chosen by 40% of teams.

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm confident this year,

Usually it's all over by December but thus year will be different, it's quality how Bale has been chosen by 40% of teams.

Yeah I think everyone is mad for doing that. He was down as a defender last season and priced low but he's 6.5m this season and a midfielder. I konw 6.5 isn't huge but he's priced according to last season's scoring like. Ah well, he might prove me wrong.

He was best player on the pitch today but his score last year is very deciptive cause of being classed as a defender.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    He was best player on the pitch today but his score last year is very deciptive cause of being classed as a defender.

My point exactly. Fantasy football isn't about how good a player is at all, it's about how good he and his team are at the things that get points.

A solid 9th so far.

Somewhat scarily I'm coming exactly in the middle of the 4 leagues i'm in. The definition of average.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Threw my hat in too today..see if i cant beat ziedth and get beaten by lassykk in 2 leagues ;-)

now back to my lurking of boards :-)

mecco wrote: »
    Threw my hat in too today..see if i cant beat ziedth and get beaten by lassykk in 2 leagues ;-)

now back to my lurking of boards :-)

25 in so far, should make for some good banter throughout the season.

Looks like none of the ladies want to take us on though...it's a right men's club at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Guys you now officially have one lady in the league! I'd hate to speak too soon and end up with egg on my face but hopefully I'll hand ye all yer arses at the end of the season!! Go on the girls!

Actually I suggest since this is a Waterford thing, why don't we all meet up to watch some of the main matches and get the competitive spirit going vocally and full blast!?

Guys you now officially have one lady in the league! I'd hate to speak too soon and end up with egg on my face but hopefully I'll hand ye all yer arses at the end of the season!! Go on the girls!

Welcome to the league! Given the level of knowledge on Boards (lads using Wildcards already:eek:), I'd say you might be favourite to win!!

Lol Benimar. Major girlie question-what does using a wildcard mean? I thought we were all supposed to choose the team we thought would be best given the budget we had! Wildcard sounds like a cop out to me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ditto. nice one Stado :)

the award for best name must be "multiple scoregasms" whoever that is :D

Thank you, thank you...now we'll have to see if Multiple Scoregasms are real or just a man-myth!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

im in lads looking forward to a bit of banter over the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Thank you, thank you...now we'll have to see if Multiple Scoregasms are real or just a man-myth!!

Did you happen to play for them in the tag rugby or is the name just a coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

just joined

Lol I've never even watched tag rugby to be honest. Just heard:o the name a few years ago and liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Only saw this today.

Joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

One of todays additions is going to take over at the top, so I'm glad they were late in joining :D It allows me to say I started well!!

Now everybody please stand back while i slide into oblivion over the next 37 gameweeks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I've joined up there now as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Well game week two this week had to make 3 changes this week as 2 players got sent off last week and Defoe is injured so 8 points down already for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sacrificed 4 points to get rid of Carr. Horrible decision in the first place, dumbass scored an own goal and lost me 2 points.

• Advertisement

I had Carr too, madness when you think luke young is only .5m more expensive.

I did a major overhaul today, I expect this to be the new dawn for Séa stole my cat FC

Advertisement