Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get audio from Youtube

Options
  • 13-08-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Im putting together a video using Windows Movie Maker. For part of my video I need some audio from a couple of different videos from youtube. I havent got the best computer so I really dont want to be downloading large tools or applications to complete this task. So Im open to any suggestions, be it a simple tool or even just using a recording device. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

clipnabber.com (needs java)

done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

mp22 wrote: »

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 willhouse

downloadhelper is an mozilla app. it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michael Doherty

It has worked for me loads of times

http://vixy.net/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smergz

There's nothing better than this youtube converter. Just enter your youtube video url and within seconds you can download the mp3 to your PC! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Mr. Bean.

A far more simple method is simply getting a 3.5mm audio jack (male) to 3.5mm audio jack (male) wire, (3.5mm = the same plug used on the apple ipod earphones),and plug one end into the microphone socket, the other into the speaker/earphone socket on your computer and then play the video on youtube whilst using sound recorder (comes with windows) or your preferred recording software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mr. Bean. wrote: »
    A far more simple method is simply getting a 3.5mm audio jack (male) to 3.5mm audio jack (male) wire, (3.5mm = the same plug used on the apple ipod earphones),and plug one end into the microphone socket, the other into the speaker/earphone socket on your computer and then play the video on youtube whilst using sound recorder (comes with windows) or your preferred recording software.

That's not simpler at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Mr. Bean.

That's not simpler at all.

I disagree, perhaps it was my explanation that was not simple. The process is as easy as cake! All you need to do is plop the wire in one socket, the other end into another, play whatever you want recorded, record, and hey presto! you've got exactly what you were looking for.

This process has the advantage that it is unnecessary to download software which can be sometimes dodgy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

video2mp3.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I disagree, perhaps it was my explanation that was not simple. The process is as easy as cake! All you need to do is plop the wire in one socket, the other end into another, play whatever you want recorded, record, and hey presto! you've got exactly what you were looking for.

This process has the advantage that it is unnecessary to download software which can be sometimes dodgy. :pac:

Most of these sites don't require you to download anything.

Mediaconverter.org for example works away in the background and typically would convert a Youtube video to .wav or .mp3 quicker than it would take to play the video in its entirety. It then provides you with a download link.

Much easier and quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

dvdvideosoft.com has a whole load of youtube options

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭tomasocarthaigh

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    dvdvideosoft.com has a whole load of youtube options

That is the best one of them all. I use it all the time... sound from videos, video downloads... it does them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

you can download freecorder programme for free just type freecorder
    in your google search click on the free download site install, you can then
    save video or audio to your hard drive and you can edit any of them in
    Windows Moviemaker

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Hey Mr Bean, Simple and effective and worked a treat (provided u have the cable) - thanks for that. Used it to pull snippets of songs from my itunes library for a video edit I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

reece wrote: »
    Hey Mr Bean, Simple and effective and worked a treat (provided u have the cable) - thanks for that. Used it to pull snippets of songs from my itunes library for a video edit I needed.

But if you had them on your iTunes library already does that not mean you already had them as MP3s on your computer? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Keepvid.com

John

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

hmm, I think iFunia YouTube converter can do some help for you, it can extract soundtracks from online videos..
    Turn to here: http://www.wikihow.com/Download-and-Convert-Videos-Using-iFunia-Free-YouTube-Downloader-for-Mac
    where gatheres some YouTube tips might can make some difference for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

You could download a free programme called MP3 Rocket. That should do the job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

www.keepvid.com now has and mp3 option.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daphne57

Hey, if you want to copy audio from youtube, you should use some professional youtube converter, which can not only help you get the audio from youtube online, but also can help you get audio from downloaded youtube videos on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭tomasocarthaigh

Freemake is the current best one, but do be aware that a lot of them will only work with Windows 7 and above.

There are a few online website like ClipConvertor.cc as well that do it, but they are so s l o w...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

are people aware you can download youtube videos using RealPlayer and that has a built in file converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 treacyjane

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Realplayer comes with video downloader and with a built in converter to convert to mp3. Its free and easy to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

i usually just use http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ its pretty straightforward.

Advertisement