Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Hype Is Turning!

Options
  • 13-08-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Rebel 1! (Action!)

Seeing as how we've had 11 SF tourneys, let's see if we can't have a regular BB tourney on the grounds, shall we?

The tournament will be held in the XCG in Dublin on the 11th of September (to be confirmed by next Wednesday) and the entry to the tournament will be free. However, casual play will still require a pay in of standard €5. For those only attending for the tournament and not the casual play, a lower rate may be allowed on the day, as we will still need to cover rental costs.
    Tournament registration will open at 12:00 in the centre, and will close at tournament start (1:30). Casual play after wards will run as long as people are happy to play.
    People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; A double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.All player will be randomly drawn against each other on the day. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

1. All characters are selectable. (By special request, Makoto and Mu-12 may be playable [confirmation needed, again, Wednesday])

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

9. All glory to the hype dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Also, I will most likely go to those who have far far more experience than me in running tourneys for some advice on how to make it go slightly more smoothly...and any who feel like maybe making some recordings on the day, that'd be super awesome too*:D

As it stands, with my repeats coming up, I won't be in the XGC after this next Wednesday till the 1st of September and then again I'll be missing till the day of the tourney. Joe is pretty much my number 2 guy here, since it's his PS3 he so graciously volunteered to bring on the day so we can tool about with Mu-12 and Makoto. Being significantly boarder versed in each character, he'll also be on hand to help any new players with starting out during this coming month.

And I am well aware that the pub night is on on the 11th as well, but are ye really going to be drunk at 2 in the afternoon? Well, it IS a Saturday...

Anyway, I'm not sure of the general channels of spreading this news around, but I'll be telling all the ones up north about it tomorrow. If anyone can pass it around, even to a couple of their friends, that'd be hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

My bus arrives at 1.30 Voa so could you count me as a sure definite (lands me at about a one min walk from XCG)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Unless something major comes up around that time, count me in to bring the Ice Car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll bring the beez.

Also I have some brackets sheets that I can bring in for you.

Would be awesome man, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm hype for this. HYPE FOR THIS.

Get Hype?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im going to use the VSHG.

That means you're all going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

GorySnake wrote: »
    Unless something major comes up around that time, count me in to bring the Ice Car

not the ice car :eek: yeah i'm up for this :D

Just to say it's all confirmed; we CAN use the DLC characters (provided Joe can make it *on the day) and the Tourney will go off sans-hitch.

I hope*;)

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    Just to say it's all confirmed; we CAN use the DLC characters (provided Joe can make it *on the day) and the Tourney will go off sans-hitch.

I hope*;)

I should be able too.

chueytoo wrote: »
    I should be able too.

HMMM might have hit a slight prob. My sis is leaving for america for a year on the 12th so i'm not sure if i'm gonna be doing something on the 11th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'll try and make it down for this if Translink will let me book a bloody return ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll come to a BB tournament, but feck SF.

Edit: I'll bring Lambda as usual... You can't CCCCCCCC me!!! xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Ack terrible date for me, going on the piss that night for back to college celebrations, however if there's an online tourney running I'd be more than willing to join

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No pressure but Wheel of Hype is now a published event.

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1302

Orim wrote: »
    No pressure but Wheel of Hype is now a published event.

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1302
    Sweet! Thanks man!
    Soon, all the hype shall be gotten =3

I call for Tager to be banned. Clearly broken like. :D

Yeah, those bottom 2 are broke as hell, son.;)

Looks like I'll not get to this unless I pay for a single down and a single back up. :pac:

Stupid bloody translink booking.

• Advertisement

You up the North or some such? There's the 13 quid on the Aircoach there and back again. Or you off some other, less developed region?

I'm gonna use rachel if i can make it or maybe try mu 12 not sure. :confused::confused::confused:

tager broken nah :P lamda srk is tho :D

Joe so jealous ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Screw the Ice Car, gonna practice up my Ragna on Wednesday and try and use my limited knowledge to scrub my way to the top on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I AM THE WHITE VOID!!!11

Yes I will be playing Hakumen XD

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If I can get to this, I'll be playing Hakumen or Noel, but I don't own CS and I'm pretty crap, so don't expect much :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If I can get to this, I'll be playing Hakumen or Noel, but I don't own CS and I'm pretty crap, so don't expect much :P

no worrys it's just to get more people intrested in BB. You can always ask ramza to tell you some bnb combo for haku.

No one i know main noel in Cs. I don't even her BnB combos in it.

Do yourself a favour and don't pick Noel, you will get absolutely slaughtered by anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of what the buttons do.

For a beginner I'd say she's easily one of the worst characters you could pick apart from the obvious Rachel.

Normally I'm all for picking whoever you like the look of and rolling with it, but she's just so awkward to learn and ridiculously high risk now - I'm pretty much waiting 'til the PAL release to try and figure her out. Mu and/or my super-scrubby-Tager for now. :pac:

(Maybe worth noting that I played her pretty much exclusively in CT - It doesn't help.)

Do yourself a favour and don't pick Noel, you will get absolutely slaughtered by anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of what the buttons do.

For a beginner I'd say she's easily one of the worst characters you could pick apart from the obvious Rachel.

Normally I'm all for picking whoever you like the look of and rolling with it, but she's just so awkward to learn and ridiculously high risk now - I'm pretty much waiting 'til the PAL release to try and figure her out. Mu and/or my super-scrubby-Tager for now. :pac:

(Maybe worth noting that I played her pretty much exclusively in CT - It doesn't help.)

But Rachel is made of pure win. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

chueytoo wrote: »
    But Rachel is made of pure win. :rolleyes:

I've heard a ban is imminent. :pac:

Advertisement