Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Hype Is Turning!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't make it. Working Saturday :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    Can't make it. Working Saturday :(

but... you have to sit there being smug about how they're running the tournament. :(

At least we didn't push Inferno forward a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

And believe me, I'm quite thankful for that*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

21st century events should be pushing for diversity

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »

There were a bunch of people happily playing blaz blue at Inferno, and Dan and I were just discussing how cool it is to see them working hard to build up interest in it.

Speaking of which lads thanks very much for your helpfulness when I kept needing ps sticks :)

Sure, it was for the tournament; no bother on us*:D*
    (or me specifically, since I was the only BBer not in Inferno. Though Joe's TE saw some fair useage)

Placebo wrote: »

??

The pushing forward of Inferno was to do with me not being around when the whole idea behind pushing it forward was becuase I was doubtful of making the 4th. hence I brought it up after saying that I couldn't make Inferno and Doom had brought up my 1337 tournament running skills.

We have Day of Champions for diversity, Inferno is still not comfortable enough to run more tournaments on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My copy of CS was waiting in the mailbox when I got home from Electric Picnic today, so all you PS3 folks add ChopperByrne for free wins.

I'm not working on Saturday so should hopefully be at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'd like to come to this, but not sure if I can yet.

My experience with BBCT on the PSP will totally transfer right?

I can press up on the analog nub for instant gigantic Tagers?

Right?

• Advertisement

I can totally show you how to finish a 360 on an upwards motion and not jump...:D

Other than that, 'fraid not. They took out the easy inputs from the game, and replaced it with a beginners mode.

Which I really aught to ban... 1 button 720s might make a little mockery of the game in some ways.
    Though maybe the pay off is a total lack of magnet control and no burst, and like, half the special moves for each character being undoable. And without the basketball loops, tager has no skill on the court.;)

I was mostly kidding, but on the PSP I did end up resorting the nub a lot, because I simply couldn't input diagonals consistently on the PSP d-pad, even watching my inputs in training mode trying to 360 was "Right, Down, Left, Up", all I had to do then was press A and Start and I could pick whatever level I wanted in Sonic 1.

I'm looking forward to the training mode in CS (whenever I get mine) so I can try and wrap my head around the game's combo system.

I think I could probably play Ragna okay on stick, but I still fully expect to get murderised.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Voa wrote: »
    without the basketball loops, tager has no skill on the court.;)

lol good one.

Was wondering if BB casuals will be running before/during/after the tournament?

Also, will SSF4 be banned?

BB casuals will be running from 12 onwards, until the tourney opens. Then casuals after as well, for as long as people are happy to play. We'll probably have 2-4 consoles rented from the word go, with 1 of them running the DLC characters.

And since Dan was perfectly willing to let us get away with BB training during Inferno with some minor harassment, we'll just minorly harass the SF. Fair's fair*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll try head in for 12 so I can get in as many games as possible, looking unlikely I can make it for Wednesday casuals so tournament day is the only day for practice for me.

Also without Dan there, who will be there to remind us what a terrible game we're playing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

GorySnake wrote: »
    Also without Dan there, who will be there to remind us what a terrible game we're playing :(

I bring both the hype and the hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Il try turn up sometime AFTER BB

Doyler01 wrote: »
    tumblr_kq4ytgtXx21qzv9mho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

96068933.jpg

Anyway, I might try to head over to this myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yreval i think Holly said she's trying to come down, maybe you two an head down together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

We'll most likely meet at DS tonight (Tuesday) so we'll probably talk about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

sweet i get to play against another tager that isn't voa:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I can get to Dublin and back to Belfast, it's getting home from there that's the problem for me.

Anyone for an all night BB session in Belfast? :pac:

Edit: Actually the first train into Belfast on Sat morning is too bloody late for the aircoach that will get me to Dublin in any sort of good time. Damn it to hell, I hate living in this hole.

And yet it turns!

Get dat hype.

That all you got?

GET HYPE!

:D

Only kidding lads, looking forward to getting my beatings.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

*sniff*

I miss that song so much :( Still holding out for a PC version where this song can be put back where it belongs!

I'm 100% confirmed for this.

This is all on PS3s right? No point bringing my Xbox TE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

This is all on PS3s right? No point bringing my Xbox TE?

I would assume so, the game can't even be played on an Xbox.

Unless somebodys packin' a JP 360. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is all ps3. There should a good number of sticks floating around for use on the day.
    If you wanted to play some SF after the tourney instead of more BB casuals, you might want to bring your TE, otherwise, it's fine to travel light.

Advertisement