Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Hype Is Turning!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think I stand to learn a lot in the tourney and BB casuals, so I'm happy to leave the SF stuff at home.

I'll just chuck the Sirlin games into a smaller bag on the offchance anyone wants to see those later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

How late is this likely to run anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

As late as people will play on to. The tournament itself should last until at about 5-6.30 at the latest, since inferno runs with a groups to double elim, and takes about 1-7.30, while this is straight double elim, probably with smaller numbers than inferno.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok lads just FYI while I am attending this I am flying out to Germany the day after.

The logistics of it means I won't have my camera or my stick with me. It's just impossible.

So someone else needs to record some fights if you want footage, and if the point of this is to get people playing Blaz Blue in Ireland I woudl recommend you find some way to do it.

Sorry :(

Hm, this is a problem... I was gonna pick up a camcorder myself, but I won't have it until I do a decent bit of research, so no chance for Saturday. If anyone else has a camera/tripod that'd be awesome...
    I guess we'll have to do another one when the official release happens.

• Advertisement

Somebody man the Sairus-Signal!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I maybe maybe maybe will be able to help you out here guys. MAYBE. :P

But my attendance is 100% certain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I can bring a camera & we can record on that, but would be even better if someone could bring a tripod.

Also I hope this won't end at 5 or 6, I gotta go at about 3 >_<

Damn my excitement to see the new Resident Evil movie :D

Erm, the tourney doesn't start till 1.30 or so, it would seem the numbers might be fairly big for it. Or maybe I'm over estimating and guessing at a worst/best case scenario:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voa wrote: »
    Erm, the tourney doesn't start till 1.30 or so, it would seem the numbers might be fairly big for it. Or maybe I'm over estimating and guessing at a worst/best case scenario:p

Brackets fly through if there's no group stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Brackets fly through if there's no group stages.

True that, and i'm sure some people will end games really quickly. Unless i go Rach and drag all the game out with wind ^^

also voa one of the ps3 in xgc has makoto i signed as my us account and redownload the game on the console i can only do this a certain time tho. so i might put it on one more ps3 and thats it and bring my ps3 down with mu and makoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

HYPE

I'll be in for 12 tomorrow hopefully, maybe a little later.

I'll keep my drinking under control tonight to be in early as I can for the tourney tomorrow*:D

Translinks online timetables are bloody wrong so I can make it after all.

Huzzah. :pac:

Voa wrote: »
    I'll keep my drinking under control tonight to be in early as I can for the tourney tomorrow*:D

give me a shout when your in. i'll help out and bring down my ps3 as well.

Put a post up on here when you're leaving Voa, so I know when to come in, if 12 is too early

Technically, I'm leaving now*;)
    Got a good night of drinking and such ahead of me, best way to prepare for the tourney. I'll try to remember to ask Joe to post a note when he goes, but I promised a lot of people I would be there from 12 on, including a number of PSN lads I know, so I've good reason and methods to be there at the time.

Here's hoping the luas doesn't a-splode on me.

See yas all tomorrow, and remember; If it ain't hype, don't do it.

But BB ain't hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Xinkai wrote: »
    But BB ain't hype?

BB is Hype when Voa is playing and I'm watching.

It's proven fact.

I think you can put DLC on up to five consoles per account, so I should be able to put it on four of the consoles in XGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Xinkai wrote: »
    But BB ain't hype?

Not when you run away and spam ****:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

BB was hype as **** at SVB, mainly just due to Sprint's awesome Tager comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I was busy playing 3s, wish I would of watched

Ramza wrote: »

We got **** talk, we got hype! YEAH TOP 8 IM F**ING NICE!

BB is Hype when Voa is playing and I'm watching.

It's proven fact.

I think you can put DLC on up to five consoles per account, so I should be able to put it on four of the consoles in XGC.

Chopper i wanna see some astral finish from your carl. Also don't forget to burst :D
    i can put into 2 more i think since i have it on 2 of my frds ps3. but then again i didn't buy mu >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ps Ramza's Hakumen kinda destroys me now.

Partially my fault for picking low-health characters, BUT STILL.

Ramza wrote: »

Haters gonna hate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

ggs to all and well done to the organisers.

Was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How'd it go? And who won? Was there hype? Was all forms of Street Fighter banned?

Yeah it was a great day :D GGs to all.
    Also gz to ramza on getting to 3rd.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna make a follow up thread with all that information in a moment, as well as a few other things...

Also, Hype was somewhat there, needs more commentary by Chopper to be really hype. Chopper's commentary is god tier, no question.:D

While no one banned SF, per se, BB was too awesome for anyone to play anything else.

Also, all the SF heads didn't bring a copy and left pretty soon after the tourney:p

Advertisement