Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs West Ham United - Saturday 14 August 3pm - Setanta Ireland

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Patser wrote: »
    Defo time for subs, give some of them a rest.

Also curious to see how Milner racts at full time, will he applaud fans to say good-bye or just jog off to get it over with.
    Deffo applaud the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Absolutely shocking management not to use any subs so far.

An extra goal is pretty unimportant compared to resting some players and giving some fringe players a 20 minute run-out especially given the size of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It must be remembered west ham have been.brutal. absolutely love the reception jimmy has received there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Esse85 wrote: »
    I cant remember the last time Villa played this good.

Second half against Bolton at VP last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

West Ham have been dire. This game should not be used as a reference for any decisions re: the gaffer, one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Patser

There's the subs now. Good reaction to Milner, defo looked like a goodbye.

Nothing for Heskey, Weimann on instead, so maybe Heskey for Vienna on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

shoutman wrote: »
    It must be remembered west ham have been.brutal. absolutely love the reception jimmy has received there.

Yeah can see them being down in the relegation zone. Shocking defense.
    I think their only hope is Carlton Cole.

However the attitude shown by the team from the start was very positive and they really took the game to West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

One hero leaves, another is born!
    Albrighton was electric today

Some-one get bannon a Childs jersey that fits him, looks like he's wearing his Dad's jersey to a match coming on there.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Bada ba ba ba, I'm lovin' it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Patser wrote: »
    There's the subs now. Good reaction to Milner, defo looked like a goodbye.

Nothing for Heskey, Weimann on instead, so maybe Heskey for Vienna on Thursday.

Heskey for sunderland by Monday hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Downing MOTM? What? Who decided that... Clowns

Dunno how in gods name Downing got MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Esse85 wrote: »
    Dunno how in gods name Downing got MOTM

In fairness to Downing he got a goal, hit the post twice and setup about 3 good chances.

Great start! Beats losing to Wigan anyway.

Everton losing, 0-0 Spurs v City and the 'Big 4' have done nothing, NOTHING today! It's between us and Blackpool for the title.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

matrim wrote: »
    In fairness to Downing he got a goal, hit the post twice and setup about 3 good chances.

No no, the reason he got it (and his goal) is because I had him in my FF until 10:45 this morning when I finally caved and replaced him with Ash.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Great result.

Not much hoofball today! Great to watch some free flowing football for once.

Brilliant showing from Albrighton, I expect to see a lot more of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If the ball had gone in as opposed to off the post would it still be a penalty?

Of course not, that would have been an advantage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hmmm. Albrighton's only 4.5m in FF. He's getting into the squad for next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why on earth wasnt he there already? :p

• Advertisement

I had him in on the bench, but N'Zogbia didnt play so I'll still get the 8 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Great stuff from the Villa although WHU were pretty pants it has to be said. Shame Milner looked so good in CM :(.

ASTON VILLA WEST HAM

Att: 36,604
    Possession

• Aston Villa 59%
    • West Ham 41%

Attempts on target

• Aston Villa 5
    • West Ham 1

Attempts off target

• Aston Villa 11
    • West Ham 9

Corners

• Aston Villa 15
    • West Ham 6

Fouls

• Aston Villa 13
    • West Ham 15

Possession better than I've seen for a long time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

:)

Martin Jol emerges as a top Aston Villa target to replace Martin O'Neill

By Joe Bernstein
    Last updated at 10:15 PM on 14th August 2010

Villa believe Jol has the right blend of international and Premier League know-how to fill the vacancy and want to check if he would be interested, despite his turning down Fulham to stay in Amsterdam earlier this month.

Jol’s future should become clearer in the next fortnight after Ajax play their final Champions League qualifying tie against Dynamo Kiev.

Jol, sacked by Spurs in 2007 despite finishing fifth in the Premier League, has been successful in his native Holland.

But he nearly walked out on Ajax to join Fulham after Marko Pantelic and Dennis Rommedahl were sold without any replacements lined up.

In the end, Jol decided to stay because of the carrot of Champions League football, but Villa would tempt him should Ajax not qualify.

USA coach Bob Bradley wants to manage in the Premier League but Villa owner Randy Lerner is concerned about handing the job to a man who lacks experience in Europe.

Sven Goran Eriksson has also made it clear he would be interested, but current caretaker-boss Kevin MacDonald has not been discounted either.

MacDonald, a former Liverpool Double winner who has been at Villa for more than a decade, is popular with the players and could land the job if he adds to yesterday’s
    successful start.

MacDonald, who hailed James Milner a hero even though the England midfielder has probably played his last game for the club, is still undecided over whether he should
    now try to stake a serious claim for the post.

He said: ‘It is too soon to say because I am still on a high from the victory. Maybe I should retire now! All I can say is that Randy Lerner, and the chief executive, Paul Faulkner, came to see me afterwards and they were clearly delighted.’

Wrong thread!

Advertisement