Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colour is the cliff now?

• 13-08-2010 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭

I was talkin to one of the lads who paint it blue and white last night.
    Then I heard this morning that it was black and amber again.

So what is it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Honestly, by this stage, who cares?

The whole thing is so tiresome and repetitive!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was B&A late afternoon anyway, was putting up the "Good Luck" sign for our hurlers.

The rock painting, imo anyway, is a bit of lighthearted craick. I don't like the Ard Ri being targeted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

To me it's a very naff and tacky thing to be doing. It makes the place look cheap.

And what about when someone falls off? Its bound to happen soon if people are up there twice a day.

What will the rock read then? "R.I.P. Jimmy 'the razz' mac" :cool:

How nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

It's great local banter in fairness!
    No harm in it whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

To me it's a very naff and tacky thing to be doing. It makes the place look cheap.

And what about when someone falls off? Its bound to happen soon if people are up there twice a day.

What will the rock read then? "R.I.P. Jimmy 'the razz' mac" :cool:

How nice.

I dont think so, no more than putting up flages everywhere,

The fella I was talkin to said its not too dangerous up there, They bring ladders and rolers to do the job.

Do you really want it to stay black and amber?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

It is only a bit of craic... I was up there myself years ago and its not dangerous... You can get to it easily and safely through the forrest... Dunno where the lads have to carry their ladders and paint from though. Must take a long time to paint a rock that size.

They get the paint free, donated by a ''dedicated Waterford supporter''.
    Yer man said they go up the far side nd climb down to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 presoccer

it's a very naff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Its just some harmless fun (and actually surprisingly safe to get up there, I went there when I was in the Cubs when I was about 7).

However, those who don't like it why not form a 3rd faction and go up there with paint thinner to remove it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Will we go up and paint substandard liege :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Still black n amber now,they painted it Thursday night i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They showed it on the news last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The news last week was that the waterford lads had used some sort of paint that couldn't be painted over. I lauged at that idea, especially when 2 days later it was b&a again.

How long till someone gets a bee in their bonnet over this makes it their crusade of the week to get it stopped?

Soon is my guess, I get a great laugh over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

I'm surprise McCan't has't objected to it on the basis that it has no planning permission. :) Then again the rock is notionally in the Kilkenny suburb of Waterford.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

tis all good neighbourly craic .... but must be getting expensive at this stage!
    How about a compromise .... a black & amber hand shaking a blue & white hand .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 collinsrob

Whats the deal with the painting the cliff?

I am from the uk and was visiting waterford and saw it was blue and white one day and black and amber the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

collinsrob wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the painting the cliff?

I am from the uk and was visiting waterford and saw it was blue and white one day and black and amber the next.

Its just a bit of banter between two bordering counties. The official border between Kilkenny and Waterford means that the cliff is officially in Waterford.

Historically the border was the river so the cliff used to be in Kilkenny.

Kilkenny lads are painting it as they claim it belongs to Kilkenny and Waterford lads are painting it as they claim it belongs to them.

It escalates every year near the end of the hurling championship especially if Waterford are still in come the semi-final/finals. Kilkenny have won it for the last 4 years in a row and up until yesterday Waterford had a chance of stopping them winning the 5-in-a-row (which has never been done before)

To be fair it has never been changed so frequently as it is at the moment.

I'm from Kilkenny so I prefer to see it black and amber any day and we painted it first!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Itll be blue & gold before the end of the week :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Itll be blue & gold before the end of the week :pac:
    that I could live with. the white/blue/black/amber changes just give me ire :p

• Advertisement

comeraghs wrote: »
    tis all good neighbourly craic .... but must be getting expensive at this stage!
    How about a compromise .... a black & amber hand shaking a blue & white hand .......

Well not for the Waterford lads anyway. The paint was donated by a strong Déise supporter who shall remain nameless.

Compromise? With them?

Never!!!!

Rabble Rabble Rabble:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Its black n amber now with "king Henry" wrote across it,i wonder will it stay like that for long,whats the odds it will be blue n white by tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

paint it white n blue... then cover the area in bear traps smeared with feaces... put an end to it for a while

Won't somebody think of the children!!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Its black n amber now with "king Henry" wrote across it,i wonder will it stay like that for long,whats the odds it will be blue n white by tomorrow..

Dirty Monarchists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I would have painted it blue and yellow for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

must open a paint shop over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I would have painted it blue and yellow for the laugh

yeah but with more blue than yellow...right:D

Bosnia-and-Herzegovina-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Looks pretty tacky...

• Advertisement