Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero-------water damage

Options
  • 13-08-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

recently my hero got water damaged but after a week or so of airing out in the hot press it is starting to work again only their are a few problems, the lock button and menu button aren't working properly(lock button keeps hitting itself which randomly cancels calls) and the mobile internet is not working.

i was basically wondering if anyone knew of anyone or anywhere that would be able to fix this problem or if it would even be fixable....
    thanks for any help because im lost without the phone at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to android

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Unfortunately sending it back to HTC is your only really safe bet with this. There just isn't the repair support/shops in Ireland yet.

Also, I'd suggest putting into a bowl of Rice. Rice is far better for extracting the water than leaving it in the hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Yep, use the rice, but put it in a tupperware container and seal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bumpy101

sorry wasnt really sure were to put this thread

squire23 wrote: »
    Unfortunately sending it back to HTC is your only really safe bet with this. There just isn't the repair support/shops in Ireland yet.

Also, I'd suggest putting into a bowl of Rice. Rice is far better for extracting the water than leaving it in the hot press

i was told due to the fact that water strip on the phone has changed colour that htc or any phone shops will just send the phone back......i was hoping that someone rather than the official shops would have the knowledge to fix the phone

ps. should have said i had the phone in a bag of rice while in the hot-press.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

bumpy101 wrote: »
    sorry wasnt really sure were to put this thread

i was told due to the fact that water strip on the phone has changed colour that htc or any phone shops will just send the phone back......i was hoping that someone rather than the official shops would have the knowledge to fix the phone

ps. should have said i had the phone in a bag of rice while in the hot-press.
    When I had trouble with my old HTC Touch Dual, I tried a numbver of different repair centres around Cork, Kerry & Limerick. Basically, no one would touch it - they just didn't have any edxperience with HTC's. Had to send it back to HTC in England eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Moisture damage = good looking getting it repaired Im afraid. Tell tale signs of a fubar'ed phone is tones not working, buttons not working, random buttons being selected, "headset" icon appearing. If any of these are happening, I wouldnt bother being honest. You got insurance/pay for it with credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bumpy101

antodeco wrote: »
    Moisture damage = good looking getting it repaired Im afraid. Tell tale signs of a fubar'ed phone is tones not working, buttons not working, random buttons being selected, "headset" icon appearing. If any of these are happening, I wouldnt bother being honest. You got insurance/pay for it with credit card?

no its not insured.....got it as a present so never tought about insurance, il know for again :rolleyes: the fustrating thing is if it was any other button but its the cancel call button, which also doubles up as the lock button, because of this any calls i make or receive only last 20 seconds at the most :(

Advertisement