Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remember martin hansson

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I don't hate him at all. But he comes across as if it didn't matter as long as he got picked for the World Cup. He never accepted responsibility. The Swedes despise the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont blame France, dont't really blame the ref (more linesman) but I so hate FIFA and people in charge and the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

He failed so i hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Watched the doc. Apparently football comes before family in his philosophy. So he's a wanker as well as merely an incompetent idiot. The doc reveals that his wife left him, the local Swede's and the media appear to have an unnatural hatred for the guy. I can see why.

Most tellingly he even said himself in the doc (this is prior to Fra v Ire) that a serious mistake during a world cup qualifier meant he shouldn't be at the world cup. "If I make a serious mistake that decide(s) the game, I shouldn't be in the World Cup". So on top of whatever mistakes he's made the guy couldn't even be good to his word. He revealed he cracked open the champagne when he heard he was picked for the WC. He gave off the vibe that he didn't give a fúck about anything as long as he was able to self-improve and attain his own personal goals. Quite possibly the worlds first confirmed sociopath-referee.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Two things for me stuck out in that documentary,

1: The fact he stated that his work came before his family, i had a bit of sympathy for him in this situation, because if he wanted to be the best he could, and reach the highest level he could, then this is sometimes necessary.

2. The he showed how for me he deserves no sympathy for point 1 because when the observer came in after the match and told him it was a handball and that decided the game, his immediate thoughts were for all the effort he had put in himself. My first thought would have been for those i had let down.

A good documentary all the same, but it reinforces my belief that i would never want to be a referee if i was in a position to be, your good work goes relatively unnoticed when compared to how your bad work is highlighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

An egomaniac who should have gone to Specsavers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good piece. Singular vision all the way with Mr Hansson. Who in their right mind would want to be a referee and all the abuse that comes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Aidric wrote: »
    Good piece. Singular vision all the way with Mr Hansson. Who in their right mind would want to be a referee and all the abuse that comes with it.

Should never have been a referee if he only had one eye:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

A lot of those Scandinavian refs are arrogant *****, I don't understand all the sympathy Frisk got when he retired :confused:

Hansson makes an appearance here too, think he probably found his level
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H1vFbv71Oo&feature=PlayList&p=DA113550AF8387D3&index=0&playnext=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I dont blame France, dont't really blame the ref (more linesman) but I so hate FIFA and people in charge and the system.

Can't watch that video until tomorrow, but I agree. I absolutely despise the system. It's hard to believe that technology has advanced so far, yet they refuse to use it in football. Also't the myth that "these things even themselves out over the course of a season" really bugs me as they clearly don't!

• Advertisement
Advertisement