Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage Two Module Registration

Options
  • 14-08-2010 12:13am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I have heard conflicting information (from both UCD & students) as to when Stage Two module registration begins. Does anyone know if it is the 18th of Aug or the 20th?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It depends on your course and what year you are entering. In my case, 2nd year Arts, it starts on the 20th.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates2010.html

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Does anyone know what time module registration opens at? Is there a set 9am start? I want to make sure I get into some option modules - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 HoldOnTight

Again, it depends on what course and what stage you are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Elective registration starts on the 30th for everybody exept 1st years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It depends on your course and what year you are entering. In my case, 2nd year Arts, it starts on the 20th.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates2010.html

Just the kind of link I was looking for . . . thanks!:)

• Advertisement

Q. How many electives can I take?[URL="javascript:toggleFAQ('myContent3','myHeader3');"]» hide[/URL]

A. Most stages of most programmes require you take 10 elective credits.

Later in the registration process you are usually allowed take extra elective credits - up to 10 credits from 11 September onwards.

This was taken from the UCD website. Does this mean that I can take an extra ten credits free of charge on top of the ten credits I apply for on August 30th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

This was taken from the UCD website. Does this mean that I can take an extra ten credits free of charge on top of the ten credits I apply for on August 30th?

Doubt it. Why would you want to do more credits?

Just wondering really. There is a module that I would like to do but I already have my credits (including my electives) used up.

Again, it depends on what course and what stage you are in.

Thanks, sorry I was unclear - I'm going into final year B&L and I know registration is on wednesday 18th, I was just wondering what time of that morning I'll be able to log into SIS to register - up early, in order to beat the crowd.

Thanks, sorry I was unclear - I'm going into final year B&L and I know registration is on wednesday 18th, I was just wondering what time of that morning I'll be able to log into SIS to register - up early, in order to beat the crowd.
    Apologies, I misread your post. I don't think they give a specific time (could be wrong). I do remember being able to register for my second year modules around 8 am or so. I've heard of friends being able to log on earlier though. Others have had trouble getting on until 9 am. In conclusion... I really have no idea what I am talking about. Sorry :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Just wondering really. There is a module that I would like to do but I already have my credits (including my electives) used up.

Yes, I believe you can take extra credits in most courses.
    It does cost a few quid though.

Apologies, I misread your post. I don't think they give a specific time (could be wrong). I do remember being able to register for my second year modules around 8 am or so. I've heard of friends being able to log on earlier though. Others have had trouble getting on until 9 am. In conclusion... I really have no idea what I am talking about. Sorry :o

I guessed as much, they don't tell you exactly - well I'll get up early to be safe I think, thanks anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Heading into Stage 2 Arts this September..when I've to registrar on the 18th, do I pick my modules for 3rd year as well as second year?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They wouldn't be free of charge, you have to pay for any that take you past 60 credits per year.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

flag123 wrote: »
    Heading into Stage 2 Arts this September..when I've to registrar on the 18th, do I pick my modules for 3rd year as well as second year?

Thanks

No, if you read the information here it explains it all. We only register for the next 2 semesters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Can we take level 3 modules as options in the next two semesters or are they for third years?

Would it be best to take all level twos this year and in 3rd year all level threes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

For my course it just says Wed 18th AUgust, anybody know what time its likely to open at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

flag123 wrote: »

Thanks

Just a side note - registration for Stage 2 Arts is the 20th according to this.

Advertisement