Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where i can buy this item??

Options
  • 14-08-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Im looking to find a shop or person that has greengage jam for sale.
    Preferably Galway but will travel for the item if necessary.

The request is for an individual who may not be with me for too long and i would like to fulfill one of their memories from their life.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Op, if you google greengage jam stockist in Galway you'll get it on the Galway Good Food Guide under jam section...tried to link it below but not sure its working. There's also an email address and mobile for the supplier.

Try www.grd.ie, publications and good food guide.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

Sound Bite,

Thank you very much for that information, i found the good food guide and the information as you mentioned.

I very much appreciate your quick and useful response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Is greengage some kind of plum?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Google tells me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I seem to remember greengage jelly when I was a kid...loooong time ago :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

If you are stuggling finding the jam and are willing to make your own, I bought some greengages from the market in Galway last Saturday, from a stall almost opposite Sheridans, lovely they were too ;), but they won't be in season long so get them soon. Yes, green plums is about right but milder tasting :)

Advertisement