Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your PS3 to NAT 2 with a USB/Huawei WI-FI, MI-FI modem *SOLVED*

Options
  • 14-08-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,

I'm new but I just wanted to create this post on here for anyone that is having trouble getting their PS3 online and getting a NAT Type 3 connection. You need NAT 2 to play every game out there without any disconnections.

So lets get started:

1) Power up your USB modem or WI-Fi modem and log into the devices main connection settings via your dashboard.

2) In there, you'll find your APN name under connection settings. Most devices here in Ireland are connected with the address "3ireland.ie". Problem is that this APN name has the ports blocked for certain applications to run on a PS3 network. Hence getting NAT type 3 all the time.

3) All you have to do is chage the APN name to "3internet" and you'll get NAT 2 straight away.

4) Power up your PS3 and set up a new connection. You can use "Open DNS" servers for faster speed if you have not done so already.

5) If you're still getting type 3, please post your problem here and I will sort it out.

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ben92

Hi
    I tried wht you said with my APN name from "openinternet" to "3internet" and i still have nat as type 3? any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sfwebdesign

ben92 wrote: »
    Hi
    I tried wht you said with my APN name from "openinternet" to "3internet" and i still have nat as type 3? any help much appreciated!

Are you using a 3 modem or O2 modem?

Advertisement