Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer log

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

The sport I make most of my money out of

Each week I'm going with 2 doubles and a fourfold (hopefully)
    Aim is if it comes off I will be in profit for 8 weeks; if only 1 double comes off it should be still close to double the amount I put on for the week

First Double:
    Everton 6/4 (vs Blackburn)
    Sunderland 11/10 (vs Birmingham)

Everton are going to be strong contenders for a top 6 position this year and possibly even a top 4. They have a great goalkeeper, solid back 4, a fantastic midfield and a livewire Saha if he stays fit.
    Blackburn have a very good home record but Everton managed to beat them here last season and they should have enough to do it again. Blackburn have had a very poor pre-season and without a fit Samba their defence will leak goals.

Sunderland are not a team to set the world alight but they should have more than enough to beat Birmingham. Bent will be hopefully fit tomorrow but if not the ever improving Frazer Campbell and the new loan signing of Welbeck should break the Birmingham defence.
    Birmingham had a great season last year but I believe it was all down to Joe Hart. He organised and commanded the defence brilliantly. Luckily for me he has left and they have instead brought in Ben Foster, a very average goalie who is struggling to be fit for this match. This season they should leak goals and with a very poor attacking front they should cause little to no threat for the toffees

€100 Double returns €525

Second Double:
    Watford 5/4 (vs Coventry)
    Sheffield Wed 11/8 (vs Colchester)

Watford have a better squad, good home form and look to have a chance at promotion this year. They also have one of the best goalkeepers in the championship. Coventry are a decent team with a good core of players but should be no match for Watford.

Sheffield are looking to be serious contenders this season and will want to win here. They have a great set of fans who really make it a lot easier for a team to play away from home. Colchester are a decent team but without their keeper Ben Williams they will leak goals as their defence is shakey at best

€100 double returns €534

And finally the €50 accum. All four teams to win returns a lovely €1402

Here is hoping for a bright start to the season :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Hate when this happens!

Half timer results
    1st Double - Blackburn 1 Everton 0
    Sunderland 1 Birmingham 0

2nd Double - Watford 1 Coventry 0
    Colchester 0 Sheff Wed 0

Everton unlucky, Howard very bad mistake, hopefully they can turn it around.

Rotten day, glad I didn't have Sunderland and Watford in a double, would have gone mad! Both 2-0 and end up drawing

An interesting day which I have a few teams in my head

Sunderland (2/1)
    Portsmouth (8/5)
    QPR (1/2)
    Bristol City (1/1)
    Hull (1/1)
    Cardiff (4/5)
    Southampton (1/2)
    Sheff Wed (5/6)

Cardiff, Sheff Wed and and QPR really standout to me
    (100 treble returns close to 500)

Hull, Bristol and Southampton should win
    (100 treble returns over 500)

For a 50 accum returns 1300

I'm not backing the following but think it's good value:
    Sunderland and Portsmouth are great value against ****e opposition but touch and go with both, depends what team turns up
    (50 double returns near 400)

And 50 accum returns over 10000 :p

d-gal wrote: »

Cardiff, Sheff Wed and and QPR really standout to me
    (100 treble returns close to 500)

Hull, Bristol and Southampton should win
    (100 treble returns over 500)

For a 50 accum returns 1300

1st treble up, ended up getting Sheff Wed at 5/6, Cardiff 4/5 and QPR 4/9
    100 returned 477 :)

Gone for following doubles and accum in the championship, nothing worthwhile in the premier league imho

QPR & Millwall
    Cardiff & Ipswich

2 €100 doubles and 1 €50 accum; quite confident in both tbh, especially first one

• Advertisement

d-gal wrote: »
    Gone for following doubles and accum in the championship, nothing worthwhile in the premier league imho

QPR & Millwall
    Cardiff & Ipswich

2 €100 doubles and 1 €50 accum; quite confident in both tbh, especially first one

421.67 returned for Cardiff/Ipswich

Damn QPR let me down, could have had a great weekend

UP around 150 for the season so far

Back after the break

Spurs/Ipswich €100 double
    Leeds/QPR €100 double

€50 accum on above

Taking this week off due to the amount of horse racing on :D

Soccer fixtures are dodgy enough so best off

Last selection won so up €580 for the season so far