Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fears through blood and disorder?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

yo, haven't been in here for quite a while, but I can't figure out a dream, which is strange for me :S

in it a few things happen

1, Im in a foreign country with the army
    2, we are under attack, explosions and all sorts going on all around me
    3, I get shot at and I pick up a wooden pallet as protection but for some reason fling my hand out of cover and get shot straight through the middle of it, theres a big ol'e hole and blood everywhere...

I know that my bleeding means fear of something that lies within myself, such as failure or losing something
    military Im guessing means order and discipline, so it being attacked must mean that something within myself is falling apart and I fear it

what I dont get... is using a wooden pallet as protection while still throwing my hand out from cover...

any ideas?

also at the moment I have a couple of large scratch marks on my arm and I have a recurring dream that I keep on scratching them and the skin peels away and infected fluid mixed with blood comes out but I keep scratching right down to the bone.... any ideas? :S more fears is my first guess...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

If I had to take a guess, I would say that the wooden pallet represents the barriers that you put up between yourself and other people while throwing your hand out might represent taking a chance and opening up to someone. The fact that the imagery is violent might indicate that you're afraid of opening up and getting hurt.

As for the itching skin thing, I wouldn't read too much into that one. Elements from the real world can often worm their way into dreams. Your skin is itching while you're asleep, your dream self scratches it but because you're not physically scratching your arm, the itch doesnt go away. The brain just weaves it into the narrative of the story.

Advertisement