Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, are we sick of SFIV yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SF3 also got slated by the press for sticking with 2D. I did know there was a SF3 but always thought it was a crap game because of the bad reviews of it. I only realised it was actually anyway decent and there was 3 versions when Games TM was good and kept going on about how it was third strike best fighter ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

"Then, when your opponent performs a Dragon Uppercut you know you have to counter with a Fireball immediately. This isn't skill at the actual game...."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

For me(as a veteran of the arcade scene at the time) Street Fighter III's 3rd Strike lacked a lot of the charm of it's two earlier incarnations. In Quirky's and Stillorgan bowl there always seened to someone lurking around the SFIII machine. And there was certainly an amount of appreciation for anyone who could defeat Gill on one credit...

It wasn't quite the flop that everyone makes it out to be.

In fact, when I was in Paris in 1999 there was a massive buzz around 2nd impact in the arcades there, even at 10 francs a game (about €1.50).

Advertisement