Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Hart - Manchester City's Number 1

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Biased ? ? Bigger picture ?! Im all ears . . Please do explain ! . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

WTF are you on about with Hart ? So you think Given should be obliged to stay at City to what, tutor Joe Hart ? I dont really understand what your point is regarding Joe Hart . . We have already established that he will Probobley be City's no. 1 this season . . Why would Given leaving the club be unfair on Joe Hart ? How in anyway am I being unfair on Joe Hart by saying that Given should leave ?

As for City . . So Given should stay at City and sit on the bench, because its good for them to have a backup GK of his quality ? Hey, you get what you give . . If you think a player of Given's quality should risk sacrificing their career for your own end, you deserve no loyalty and shouldnt for a second think that you have some sort of moral stick to bang if they want to actually succeed at their profession . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Your sig makes me think I was trying to reason with the wrong person . .

Remind me again why i am being unfair on Joe Hart . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

This piece from the Guardian is probably quite harsh but true:
    hay Given's career at Manchester City is almost certainly over

One goalkeeper who did have an unsurprisingly assured opening to the Premier League campaign was Joe Hart, whose transformation into an octopus helped Manchester City to keep Tottenham Hotspur scoreless as they threatened to run riot in the opening half at White Hart Lane. Occasionally, after one of Hart's excellent saves, the Sky producer would order his minions to cut to the camera trained on Hart's predecessor as City's first-choice goalkeeper, Shay Given, and was probably gutted that he couldn't treat viewers to footage of the Irishman visibly scowling, spitting contemptuously and cursing his replacement's name. What we did see was an accomplished goalkeeper who probably knows the jig is up for him at City and is ready to assess his options, the least appealing of which, you'd imagine, is spending a season on the bench. Fulham are believed to be interested, but it's telling that Given still isn't being linked with a move to a top club playing Champions League football in England or abroad. Their scouts have obviously seen the shortcomings – an inability to command his area and a reluctance to come off his line for crosses – that the goalie's army of fanatical Irish cheerleaders refuse to accept exist.

Though he has been linked to Arsenal which does have CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Their scouts have obviously seen the shortcomings – an inability to command his area and a reluctance to come off his line for crosses – that the goalie's army of fanatical Irish cheerleaders refuse to accept exist.

Ding ding ding ding ding

An English paper accusing Irish Fans of not seeing the shortcomings of their players . . Wow, Ive heard it all now . .

10248KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Anyways, it confirms what I have said .. Given should leave . . Thank you and goodnight . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Their scouts have obviously seen the shortcomings – an inability to command his area and a reluctance to come off his line for crosses – that the goalie's army of fanatical Irish cheerleaders refuse to accept exist.

Wow, what an amazing comment to make on this selection saga, of all sagas. Joe Hart, the white Jesus, come down from on high to deliver England from goalkeeping failure for the next 15 years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well tbh Given should honour his contract. If no-one shows an interest or is not willing to put up the agreeable fee City really don't have to sell him. He signed a long term contract and he has to be prepared to honour that. Just because he might not be automatic first choice now doesn't mean he can refuse to honour it, I doubt there was a stipulation in his contract dictating he had to be the #1.

I think City *will* let him leave if they get a decent offer.
    Well, if Man City won't let him go to a the "competition" then yes they are holding him back. Totally understand City's reason for this though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement