Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Work near Perth

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions or contacts for getting work in the Perth area?
    I fly back into Oz with only 4 months left on my whv and want to get my 88 days so I can get the 2nd year visa.
    Any info to find a job quickly would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Liam I'm not sure if it's still there bit there used to be a hostel called spinners near the bog bar, if you talk to spinner he was able to get us work any day we were sober enough, it's wort trying to find the place if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hey Liam,

It's not specific to Perth, but you may find this thread useful for tips on doing the regional work: http://forum.paddysaway.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11&sid=99b4acef34909fc8f91118cf4ccc2488

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Liam_Flag

Thanks Guys - I've shot off an email to that hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

When doing the regional work for the WHV, it means Regional, as in away from cities. There are certain postcodes that dont count, as well as certain work that doesnt count. look it up on the immigration website to find out what you can do.
    I did some mandarin picking in Harvey (about an 2 hours south of perth), but gave it up when i got a proper job and got sponsored.

Advertisement