Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrysler's Gun-Toting Pickup Truck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

A bad Idea, might as well put a sign up on the roof saying; 'Please steal my guns out of the specially designed compartment on the side of the truck, or better still; follow me home in my truck and then rob my house while I'm at work':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

God, imagine getting side swiped in that, disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

johngalway wrote: »

When I was a young fella I'd bring my shotty on my back when riding a motorbike, a mate of mine fell off once and damaged his CZ .22:(

times have changed since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

More my style .....

MilTacoma2.jpg

or to be discreet.....

91867d1258258905-truck-firearm-safe-dsc00940.jpg

I actually know a guy in the states that always had a shotgun in his banged up jeep..... back window smashed in and replaced with a black bag !!!!

his thinkig was that neither the jeep or the gun would be stolen because "around here everyone has tons of guns...." and a crook wouldnt chance takin it for fear of being shot.....

I still struggle to make sence of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Somone has been watching old TV re runs in Detroit:D
    If anyone rembers the TV seris "The Fall Guy" with Lee Majors [of 6million dollar man fame.Dating myself here again..:o].Colt Seavers had a compartment built into his pickup exactly like that.
    Would be fine,if it was done as a custom covert build for those who want it.But announcing it to the world on Fox????
    All in all not a good idea.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

johngalway wrote: »
    Bit of a disaster no matter what kind of compartment I think - no matter what kind of firearm you've got, we're supposed to keep them locked in the boot, which in modern cars is a crumple zone. Insurance on the firearms is becoming a necessity :(

Mind you, the idea of a dedicated bit of secure storage in the car is rather tempting. It's just that I'd need a minibus to have a secure locker large enough for the peli case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Used to know a few lads in the UK who welded gunsafes into their vehicles, can't remember what kind now, landrovers perhaps. There was a big hubub for a while about lads rifles being stolen out of a car as they overnighted at a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The problem then arises of what happens if the car itself is stolen?
    This came up in one of the FCP conferences a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sparks wrote: »
    The problem then arises of what happens if the car itself is stolen?
    This came up in one of the FCP conferences a while back.

Carry the bolt/s slide/slides upon your person.

Not ideal.

Ezri's Dad has a lovely leather holster for his FTR bolt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its one of these and they are as common as muck, but an absolute life saver.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9QEKajlR0lt38UOo-QXiZQmrTJTVmc6YAGIx_T5v0LdEcSzI&t=1&usg=__hjcqp_D6K4mdzMPvmrXZDnz_UPQ=

I often pondered the idea of building a "safe" into the back of the jeep. 11mm ply with a steel "skin". Lockable and sits on the runners in the back of most pick up style jeeps. Doesn't have to be Fort Knox standard, but if someone tried to break into the jeep they would need to break through the canopy (not out of the question:rolleyes:) then attack a "seemingly" steel safe. Nothing fancy either. Like a gun rack that lies down. Like below only larger and the fill of the jeep, but also can be slid out when not needed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqdslRCg8UB6UJDmmBWH6cBDmVHfyYLm7DTn7EUgG3ZMOzcGY&t=1&usg=__R1y9ArSuHiOZcrTu1PqxVVErpSc=

Either way its another deterrent and at the end of the day all we really want or can do is to convince someone that trying to steal my property is more hassle than its worth.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

On a point of carrying firearms not accesible to anyone in the passenger compartment etc.What do you do to comply with this if you drive a station wagon type car or jeep?The back is accesable to anyone by climbing over the back seat or sitting in the back seat.Was thinking for safe transportation of them,of mounting a lock box under the rear passenger seat bench[for handguns],which is a flip up type seat,and keeping the single key for it on the ignition car bundle.That should be good to go?Out of sight and inaccesible without pullling over and stopping the jeep?
    BTW for those who want to go the extra mile on vechicle security..GSM real time trackers arent that expensive anymore.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Grizzly,
    You need to ensure that the firearm is not readily available for use.

Put in a case, if possible break down, or drop the bolt. Put a trigger lock on and keep the case as far back as possible. There's not much else you can do.

That's the interesting idea behind this truck. Rather than leaving the firearm right behind the seat or getting damaged in the bed, its nice and secure. From the looks of it, very secure.

I think laws like this are designed to reduce people from flying off the handle and grabbing the firearm, such as in road rage situations.

They realy must have a very low opinion of us here then,if this is the reason for all this.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

No need to be re-inventing the wheel, lads:D:rolleyes:

Brattonsound have just the thing for your needs;):
    Brattonsound Shotgun Vehicle Safe
    and Brattonsound Rifle Vehicle Safe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

'Please steal my guns out of the specially designed compartment on the side of the truck, or better still; follow me home in my truck and then rob my house while I'm at work'

According to the article, the panniers are a common option, the compartment just means that there's a small boot there, not necessarily for guns. The gun rack itself is an additional option to the panniers, it also convertible into a fishing rack, if that's more your style.

mp011001rm-1281640604.jpg

Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Actually, the panniers remind me a lot of the hull sponson box on my tank. Useful for storing various tools like shovels, picks, tanker bars etc.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Actually, the panniers remind me a lot of the hull sponson box on my tank.
    I REALLY want to see the bolt-holster you use when you park that up to pop into the shop! :D

Advertisement