Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on picking a camera please

• 14-08-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi, i am going to start taking up photography. have been told for years i should do it professionaly as i take good pictures. the only thing i dont have a clue about is which camera to buy. have been just using my normal little sony cybershot up to now but want to take the plunge and get a good proper camera if im going to do this seriously. obviously i'll want to practice on it for a while before i dive into actually doing parties, weddings etc.

so can anyone recommend a camera. i've heard a nikon 200 or 300 is good to start with? i also dont know all the technical terms haha so i will be doing a course to catch up on all that and also a course in photoshop as im also not up to scratch on editing.

i could prob do without the photography course and just go out and learn everything myself through practice and messing about with the camera, its mainly photoshop and other editing software id need to study.

anyway, camera recommendations, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Sounds like you're a natural talent! I'd love to see some of your work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If you buy a Canon dslr from some retailers you get a free photography course which will help with some of the basics as there is quite a large difficulty curve going from a point and shoot to one.

Canon 550d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Nikon F2 -fantastic camera :)

Advertisement