If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Vector mounts x 2 pair, screws and 20m speaker cable?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm back to haunt you again!!!:o I am looking to mount these speakers and was looking for a suitable set of mounts (4 speakers) and an extra 20m of cable off ye. I left my self short on the rear 2 speakers.... about 20m.

Can you pm a price on these with shipping to dublin please.

Thanks guys,

Ryanno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey Ryanno

I've had a look on the Richers sales system and they have brackets called MONITOR AUDIO/BTECH VECTOR brackets at £14.95 in stock.

Have a chat with the lads on 0044 333 900 0070 and they will be able to help you out with these and extra speaker cable for your rear speakers.

They will give you a price inc shipping on all the above.

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm back to haunt you again!!!:o I am looking to mount these speakers and was looking for a suitable set of mounts (4 speakers) and an extra 20m of cable off ye. I left my self short on the rear 2 speakers.... about 20m.

Can you pm a price on these with shipping to dublin please.

Thanks guys,

Ryanno

Ryanno,

thanks again for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - (we are really behind at the moment but aiming to catch up with all posts/ PM by tomorrow PM :o)

If you wanted 20 Meters of the Cambridge Symphony 100 cable and a pair of the brackets for the Monitor Audio Vector system with postage to Dublin - this should be £19.80 for the cable, £14.95 for the brackets and £6.99 for the postage - a total of £41.74.

How about a Boardie special at £34.95 / €42.99?

Keep me posted and if you want to go ahead & order just drop me a line - but don't forget to tell me which colour brackets you need (Black or white available)

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi John,

(Welcome back btw!!). Can I confirm that the quote is for 2 pairs of speaker mounts and the 20m of cable with delivery to Dublin??

And received the call from Nicola today Re: 8605 dongle!!! ;) Thanks again Nicola!!

Cheers John,

Ryanno
    Ryanno,

thanks again for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - (we are really behind at the moment but aiming to catch up with all posts/ PM by tomorrow PM :o)

If you wanted 20 Meters of the Cambridge Symphony 100 cable and a pair of the brackets for the Monitor Audio Vector system with postage to Dublin - this should be £19.80 for the cable, £14.95 for the brackets and £6.99 for the postage - a total of £41.74.

How about a Boardie special at £34.95 / €42.99?

Keep me posted and if you want to go ahead & order just drop me a line - but don't forget to tell me which colour brackets you need (Black or white available)

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Bumpy :p

Looking to order today if possible!!
    Hi John,

(Welcome back btw!!). Can I confirm that the quote is for 2 pairs of speaker mounts and the 20m of cable with delivery to Dublin??

And received the call from Nicola today Re: 8605 dongle!!! ;) Thanks again Nicola!!

Cheers John,

Ryanno

Bumpy :p

Looking to order today if possible!!

Ryanno,

Chris is on the case & will give you a shout shortly,

Apols for the delay,

ATB,

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Cheers for the reply, placed (another) order with 'yis today. :):D
    You will be on my wifes barred list!! And credit card barring list!

Thanks again,

Ryanno
    Ryanno,

Chris is on the case & will give you a shout shortly,

Apols for the delay,

ATB,

J

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Do you have any pictures of these mounts? Also, do you have a price on 5 mounts (so I'm guessing 3 pairs) delivered to Cork?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Cheers Mugger. Have to get these as I have a set of Vectors sitting in their box for the last few months! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Those aren't the ones they supply with the Vectors. I bought the Vectors two weeks ago and was supplied with 'Universal' mounts from Technology Solutions.

These are the same ones <Snip> (can't access the Tech Solutions website from work).
    [edit: this is for info on the same product - hope this is not against the charter...]

They aren't ideal in that they have to be mounted upside down as the wire connectors get in the way of the bracket if it's the right way up. The only downside to this is that the top of the mount sticks up slightly behind the speaker once mounted. It's not an issue if your speakers are mounted fairly high up though.

Also, make sure to ask for the correct bolts to be included with the mounts for the Vectors - they are tricky to source otherwise, but Richersounds supply them for the Vectors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Scorn,

Sorry, mention of other suppliers etc gets snipped, I understand your purpose in this case but it's still not allowed.

If you have a particular view about the brackets in question then you could raise that with RS in a separate thread.

@Mountjoy Mugger & Scorn,

The difference between your posts is the reason the Charter asks people to let RS answer queries. I understand that you are both trying to be helpful here, but they only people who should answer the query here is RS, they're the ones who know what items they have in stock and who can supply the goods.

I'm not going to delete posts here, but would ask you not to intervene any further on this query.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey All.

The bracket that we supply is indeed the Tech Solution ones. They seem to be the only ones that we can source to do the job. Monitor Audio also recommend this bracket.

As mentioned by scorn the brackets do need put on upside down but this is not really a problem.

VectorBrackets.jpg

This is what the bracket looks like. We will also supply the screws to fix the bracket the the Vector speakers as they are an odd size fixing.

Padraig Mor - If you need 5 brackets (3Pairs) I can offer them for £40 delivered to you. :)

Hey All.

The bracket that we supply is indeed the Tech Solution ones. They seem to be the only ones that we can source to do the job. Monitor Audio also recommend this bracket.

As mentioned by scorn the brackets do need put on upside down but this is not really a problem.

VectorBrackets.jpg

This is what the bracket looks like. We will also supply the screws to fix the bracket the the Vector speakers as they are an odd size fixing.

Padraig Mor - If you need 5 brackets (3Pairs) I can offer them for £40 delivered to you. :)

Hmmm......I already have these brackets on my wall (for my surrent speakers)! Had thought there was no way they would work with the Vectors but hadn't thought of mounting them upside down (wall will be full of holes!). Not ideal though.... BTW I don't think these are 'Tech Soln brackets' - I've seen the same ones in plenty of shops. Can't understand MA not providing mounts, whether at extra cost or not.

At the risk of confusing people (and apologies for referring to the 'snips')....
    I ordered the mounts originally pictured in scorn's post from Tech Solns via eBay. They however sent me the ones pictured in Kenny's post which I returned as unsuitable. Note that they still advertise the 'shorter' ones on eBay but will not guarantee that they will send them (:confused:). The ones linked in MountjoyMugger's post look like they would work fine.

Anyway, I'm going to turn around the ones on my wall to see how that goes. I'm gonna kick myself if I coulda had my Vectors mounted for the last few months rather than sitting in a box :o.......

edit: actually I wonder would it just be easier to put the Vectors on upside down or would that look stupid?!

Hi Guys,

Delivery received today and will be in full 5.1 mode this evening!!

Cheers.....
    Hey All.

VectorBrackets.jpg

Think I may have found the root of some of the confusion. I still have a spare mount of the type pictured by Kenny. The name on the box? AVF Vectors.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gcarpo

Hi all, i have bought these brackets from RS for my Vector speakers and i do not find them very sturdy, speaker seems to bend forward when the bracket is fitted. Can you please confirm if there are two sizes of this bracket so i can understand if i have the correct one? Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gcarpo

Hmmm......I already have these brackets on my wall (for my surrent speakers)! Had thought there was no way they would work with the Vectors but hadn't thought of mounting them upside down (wall will be full of holes!). Not ideal though.... BTW I don't think these are 'Tech Soln brackets' - I've seen the same ones in plenty of shops. Can't understand MA not providing mounts, whether at extra cost or not.

At the risk of confusing people (and apologies for referring to the 'snips')....
    I ordered the mounts originally pictured in scorn's post from Tech Solns via eBay. They however sent me the ones pictured in Kenny's post which I returned as unsuitable. Note that they still advertise the 'shorter' ones on eBay but will not guarantee that they will send them (:confused:). The ones linked in MountjoyMugger's post look like they would work fine.

Anyway, I'm going to turn around the ones on my wall to see how that goes. I'm gonna kick myself if I coulda had my Vectors mounted for the last few months rather than sitting in a box :o.......

edit: actually I wonder would it just be easier to put the Vectors on upside down or would that look stupid?!

Padriag - did turning them upside down work for you?

Gcarpo wrote: »
    Padriag - did turning them upside down work for you?

I put the speakers on upside down as I already had the mounts on the wall! Seems to work fine.....

I put the speakers on upside down as I already had the mounts on the wall! Seems to work fine.....

Pat,

we can send our installer out to you with a new pair if you are unsure about if they are the correct ones or if you're not sure about how they should be mounted - just keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

If they're the same brackets I got for my Vector package (thanks John) I drilled a hole in the bracket to suit the speaker mount. That way I avoided having to have the bracket upside down. I think They're SB-24's.

I had to gunther some stands to mount the fronts too! Quite an awkward design from MA, especially since they don't make dedicated stands for the Vectors.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Same here, the wall mounts did sag slightly under the wait of the speakers being proper side up!! So I also mounted them upside down, noone else has noticed.......... although I have been asked what the w stands for:D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.