Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have not been paid properly in eight months.

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I work in retail and have been with my employer for a year now. As you will see I'm an overly patient person but enough is enough. Last year when I started I did an interview for a part-time position but the contract I signed was for full-time, I was earning x amount per hour (which is what they were paying part-timers). I was working full-time from September to Christmas. At Christmas I was told I was being moved to full-time, OK fair enough. I was not given a new contract. After a couple of months I noticed that my wages were the same every month (which is really unusual when earning commission), the equivelant of the forementioned x p.a. I brought this up with my store manager, as the regional manager was going to be around offering new contracts, he suggested I bring it up with him, this was in March. The regional manager came and offered a new contract which I immediately refused as I knew it was poor judging on sales (low basic with higher commission). He told me to email him on the subject of the unpaid commission, which I did and still have a copy. In May I signed a new contract for x-3k p.a. (which would have me in line with the rest of the company). In June I got paid the equivelant of around x-7k + commission and in July I got paid x-3k p.a. without commission. My store manager has been discussing with the regional manager and they've "negotiated" that I get paid the difference of 17k p.a. + commission earned, this was back in June. I don't want to go down legal roads as I feel it may harm my chances of getting a job (I was six months unemployed last year) but I feel I have no other alternative. I have copies of the contract and payslips.

I should add aswell that my store manager has been in contact on numerous occassions with the regional manager and accounts but I feel like they're fobbing him off also.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

You will have to have your solicitor send a letter to the registered office of the company.

Advertisement