Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classes/Course's in the morning..... in Cork area

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey all... I had a request from someone who recently retired and is finding filling their mornings difficult, and require more structure to their daily routine, its for a 60yr lady.... what is there to do in Cork?

Have come across a number of strains of yoga, pottery classes in Kinsale etc,.... their open to any suggestions... thanks in advance for suggestions..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

is it that there's not much happening in Cork

or

that weekends are a bad time to posting questions like this?
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

Contact local community centres asking about available activities , alternatively a boytoy (I joke) :P

thanks for the reply, unfortunately getting web sites for community centers isn't the easiest... but found an evening echo link with phone no.s for all of them in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

Are you looking for more based in the Kinsale area or are the classes/courses needed to be more central city wise? Or could it be anywhere in Cork?

I don't know if these are useful or not to you but library events that might be of interest. http://www.corkcitylibraries.ie/whatson/libraryevents/libraryeventsaugust2010/

You might find some of interest here: http://cork.olx.ie/classes-cat-186

thanks for the reply, will check out/pass on those links.... the lady in question lives close to the city but does have a car... not being from Cork I thought Kinsale was close enough to factor in too suggestions.... they are having difficulty acclimatising to having so much time on their hands after always been actively involved in business. From their own research they found loads to do during evenings, but found anything during the morning was frequented by the yummy mummy brigade! yoga etc....

• Advertisement

just seeing there is any other suggestions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

They could volunteer to help in special needs schools etc in the mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My mum (63!) goes to one of those retired persons club things, there's a few of them around the city that aren't as old and boring as one might think. She loves it anyway and they're always up to something.

This is her one but most suburbs/areas seem to have their own if you take a peek on Google.

Advertisement