Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brendan Campbell Memorial 15/08/10

• 14-08-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭

Does anyone have a route map or profile of tomorrow's race?

Thanks in anticipation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Did this earlier with Staro and Glenamaddy. Combined race and tbh didn't really have a clue what was happening in main race. was won by David McCann the Giant Asia guy but I have no idea of the ins and outs. First two laps fine then A1/A2 break caught us and two laps of carnage (lap 6km) just hanging on. The 1's and 2's went off then and it eased for a wile until the main a1/2 group got us. Course didn't really give you much of a break anywhere and the group had a mix of all cat's with breaks going off the front. I tried to just sit on and not do anything silly and didn't realise a lot of bodies were falling by the wayside as the alaps went on (13 in total).

Had spoken to Staro earlier as expected himn to place in a sprint and last lap when I saw him move I followed. Could see 3 or 4 A4's ahead but beside each other (same club) Wasn't the craziest sprint I've been in tbh but Staro got caught behind the 2 other guys and I nipped up the outside for first a4. Third for Staro. Happy days. No points just dosh. Great weather hard but fair course and mad to be racing against (well not really) a real life pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Was hard to keep track of what was happening alright. Had an element of a crit about it particularly if you got caught hanging round the back. The group kept getting smaller and smaller. I went with the A1 break when it caught us and was educated in the extent of the gulf between us. I hung in for a while but gave in to the inevitable and sat back in. Martin Irvine kept it strung out in the group and probably burned a good few off. I got boxed at the top of the last climb and with the downhill finish it was too difficult to get back into contention for the sprint.

Well done lads for the A4 placings. It was a tough day out. I had 40.6kph average for 81.8km. Given the terrain that was a good speed and ye did well to place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Anybody got photo's from yesterday (other than those already up on IrishCycling.com), weather was spectacular and pace was fast so there must be some good shots out there.

Advertisement