Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature at it's most cruel

Options
  • 14-08-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I regret viewing this...it's horrific..not exactly a 'cool' video but not something you see every day

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I haven't clicked on it but why the fcuk would you think people want to see an animal being eaten alive? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

xzanti wrote: »
    I haven't clicked on it but why the fcuk would you think people want to see an animal being eaten alive? :confused:

Morbid curiosity maybe ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Such power. It's raw power."

What difference is it from a fox killing some hens tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well it would have been grand without the pissy emotional music.

Most of life can't pick and choose what it eats.. or to have it pre-killed and put into nice packages.

But yes, it's sad when you apply human emotion to whatever it is being killed.. that's why anthropomorphism sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Can't watch it... never realised how week my stomach is. Anyway, it's totally normal and just the way the animal kingdom works. It's not like it was the zebra was killed for sport or pleasure, but out of a need to survive. From the first few seconds I would guess it was killed by an inexperienced youth who hasn't learned yet that it's easier to eat a dead meal than a live one.

Still - making it seem like it's a horrible cruel thing is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Panda wrote: »

How is that worse? :confused:

Some of those red heads are hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Erinfan

Hmmm ! I question the “wild” authencity of this video .
    On you tube we have a lot of fake videos.
    Firstly: we have not seen the premises –the approach, the raid and the attack- of ordinary hunting scene.
    Secondly: Hyena is a very coward animal .Hyena is best known for its scavenging qualities than its hunting abilities. In natural scene Hyena never hunts lonely, hyena is a pack hunter.
    Thirdly: Unlike Gnus, zebras are very smart and wise I doubt that a lonely hyena can catch easily a zebron.
    My first impression is that a domestically raised zebron has been put in the savanna in the purpose to shot this video.
    Take the time to view this 8 mn video and you will see that the game between a pray and the predator is not so simple. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055993677

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Erinfan wrote: »
    Hmmm ! I question the “wild” authencity of this video .
    On you tube we have a lot of fake videos.
    Firstly: we have not seen the premises –the approach, the raid and the attack- of ordinary hunting scene.
    Secondly: Hyena is a very coward animal .Hyena is best known for its scavenging qualities than its hunting abilities. In natural scene Hyena never hunts lonely, hyena is a pack hunter.
    Thirdly: Unlike Gnus, zebras are very smart and wise I doubt that a lonely hyena can catch easily a zebron.
    My first impression is that a domestically raised zebron has been put in the savanna in the purpose to shot this video.
    Take the time to view this 8 mn video and you will see that the game between a pray and the predator is not so simple. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055993677

Zebron? That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Noopti wrote: »
    Zebron? That is all.
    Zebron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

I think it's pathetic the way the hyena is portrayed as some kind of villain. We've all got to eat and evolution has dictated that the hyena doesn't get much choice regarding it's meals as a result of it's basic physiology.

Crap video to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think it's pathetic the way the hyena is portrayed as some kind of villain. We've all got to eat and evolution has dictated that the hyena doesn't get much choice regarding it's meals as a result of it's basic physiology.

Crap video to be honest.

Agreed, come to coppers on a saturday night and the heifers getting eaten a live by the hyenas there will really scare you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I see worse on Animal Planet tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why is the title of the video Baby Christian versus Devil? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Cos it's a zebra cross-ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AnonoBoy wrote: »

The video description shines some light on why it is.. horrible godly light