Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paypal description box

Options
  • 14-08-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've just finished my first big website(it was tough) but the client has one problem. I have a page which displays the product and cost of a product and has a buy now paypal button(made with html code, its not hosted on paypal). however when the customer is taken to the paypal website it says the price of the item and it has a small text box labeled "description".
    I need to know how to get rid of this or even just to put some text in it. My client just thinks that some users may get confused and start typing in questions there(the site also "sells" advice/answers)
    is there a way to do this? i've looked through all the html variables paypal gives and i've tried to "customise the checkout page" but neither seemed to work.
    thanks for any help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

In the PayPal button code set the "item_name" variable like so:

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="test test">

Advertisement