Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another flashmob thingy in town today

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

dilallio wrote: »
    r.

Yes - the location was silly, the organisation was poor, and when something like a freeze is located in a condensed area, some folks will try and get a reaction from the 'performers'. That is acceptable as long as it's done in good spirits and nobody gets pushed badly or frightened.

Sorry that happened to your friend.:( That is a s*itty thing to do, full stop.
    I personally wouldn't even honestly consider it that *acceptable* to goad a reaction from the participants tbh. It is a fine line though, between say waving in front of someones eyes, and physically touching or hurting them. Generally at a stand up gig, for example the heckles are from bigger attention seekers than the performers themselves, and not usually as funny, though there is the odd gem! It is a public space though, so people do what they do. I think, as you mentioned, it is the difference between good spirits and being a d*ck by intentionally physically hurting someone!

I don't know why people keeping having them in Shop Street. Surely the Spanish Arch or Eyre Square would be a better location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Wow, such wit. You really got me there.
    taking issue with a word :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I always liked the idea of flash mobs, but only when they are executed properly. This was a terrible attempt of a flash mob, with so much things going wrong with it.

1)Only organisation was a facebook group with time and date of when its happening, and a meet up 5 minutes before hand. - To really get a flash mob to work well, you do need a lot more planning with the individuals on what they are suppose to do. Standing there by themselves doing noting seems ridiculous.

2)The location of the actual flash mob. This was a idiotic idea to have it on shop street. Let alone on a busy day. With this type of flash mob you really need to have it in an open area to show that the majority of people are in on it, and for the random people in that location at the time to be awed at the weirdness of the event. Doing it on shop street was terrible. It is already hard enough to walk up and down the place when there is buskers around covering most of the road. But then having to ignore and walk around these guys standing still was such a pain. They should of really done it ether up in eyre square or down at the Spanish arch both with a wide area for people to walk around and less congested.

3)This is the 3rd type of event in the last 2 months, With starting off with the water fight, then the zombie walk and now the freeze. If I am not mistaken there is a Ghost walk coming up soon as well. Its just ridiculous of all these event popping up straight away in such a short period of time. These event are fun because they aren't suppose to be regular, They are suppose t o be planned out with people meeting up and working on what is going to happen, not just a facebook page saying be here and do it at this time. They are quirky random event that people should enjoy, with a lot of thought and planning going into them.

Advertisement