Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will credit card company reimburse me if company goes bust?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I'm going to purchase insurance with Quinn for €615. Hypotethically, if Quinn went bust then would the CC company reimburse me?

If the CC company wont cover it then I'll probably just use their monthly payment plan instead to cover myself but I'd prefer to save the extra €40 if I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Eh.. I'm pretty sure Quinn are doing just fine now, also if they went bust you'd still be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

bassey wrote: »
    Eh.. I'm pretty sure Quinn are doing just fine now, also if they went bust you'd still be covered.
    Can you just clarify… are you saying that the credit card company would reimburse me if Quinn went bust?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You're talking about an insurance company going bust which may be a differerent story to say, a sofa company going bust. Insurance companies come into the remit of financial services and products, and are therefore subject to government regulation.

You might get better answers in the Banking, Iunsrance & Pensions forum.

dudara

Advertisement