Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ju-ju yaki niku recipe - anyone?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

This is my favourite meal in Yamamori noodles and was thinking of attempting to cook it. It's thinly sliced and marinated striploin beef , served with stirfried veg and steamed rice. You put it in iceberg lettuce with hot sauce. Delish! Mouth watering just writing this :)

Any idea what to marinate the beef in - presume it's soya but have no idea really. Have googled - no joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but it sounds sort of like it.
    Hope someone likes it anyway ;)
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/03/korean-barbeuce-beef-bulgogi-short-rib-recipe.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thanks - am going to have to do some shopping for ingredients. Will let you know how it turns out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jennbenn

Hi Grawns.. I know this reply is a little late but I love that dish also & make it at home sometimes.. I use wagamama teriyaki marinade sauce to marinade my beef beforehand & in & it tastes almost the same as the beef in yamamori.. You can get the sauce in tescos.. & for the dipping sauce you could use kilkomen soy sauce alone or for a even closer flavour mix a quarter cup with 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.. Hope this helps!! :)

Advertisement