Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City on BBC

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

The city is featured at the start of the Coast programme broadcast on Thursday 12th. You'll need to use a proxy server. It also goes up as far as Donegal.

link to iPlayer page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Repeated 7pm this Tues BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

I dont watch any programmes made by the tans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Clemon wrote: »
    Another brilliant post by our resident genius.

/extreme sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I haven't seen it yet but apparently it features the Aran Lifeboat that was the first to join the RNLI as they felt that safety at sea was more important than petty politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Did the Tans have the technology to make programmes way way back then?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Yet you speak their language. Heretic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    The city is featured at the start of the Coast programme broadcast on Thursday 12th. You'll need to use a proxy server. It also goes up as far as Donegal.

link to iPlayer page

Hey OP, thanks for the info, but have you got any UK proxy servers to watch this over? I've tried a few online to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I use ToR which comes with a portable edition of Firefox, which I use to watch iPlayer. I use IE/Opera for other browsing. Search for my thread in the computers section for more details, or PM me if you get stuck.

[edit]PS: programmes on iPlayer are not available indefinitely, some only last a week. I don't know how long the Coast programme will be available ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You'll need to use a proxy server. ...

Pardon my techno-ignorance, but what does this mean in practice?

I'm guessing it's something to do with not being able to watch UK programmes unless I'm in the UK, and using the proxy to fool the BBC to think I am there. But beyond that guess I'm a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

JustMary wrote: »
    Pardon my techno-ignorance, but what does this mean in practice?

I'm guessing it's something to do with not being able to watch UK programmes unless I'm in the UK, and using the proxy to fool the BBC to think I am there. But beyond that guess I'm a bit lost.

Yes. A proxy server is a computer that you can route your own connection through, usually to avoid some kind of restriction. You can use a proxy server located in Britain to get at iPlayer programs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's easy enough to find this information with a little bit of googling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I have this recorded and could upload it for anyone who doesn't know how to get on BBCi player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I have this recorded and could upload it for anyone who doesn't know how to get on BBCi player

Please do mo chara. Missed the thing myself due to a Tottenham Hotspur related incident.

Please do mo chara. Missed the thing myself due to a Tottenham Hotspur related incident.

I'll have it up somewhere by tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

Great show. You can download it here

There was another episode a couple of years ago as well that went from Galway to Baltimore in Cork.

Great show. You can download it here

There was another episode a couple of years ago as well that went from Galway to Baltimore in Cork.

My recording from tonight is only from BBC SD where as the above is a re-encode of BBCHD which gives a slightly sharper image for the resulting video, so it would be pointless for me to upload when the above is superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

biko wrote: »
    It's easy enough to find this information with a little bit of googling.

yes but people love to have an excuse to start a thread on boards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Links to copyright material removed.

Advertisement