Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all ireland final

Options
  • 14-08-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

so who plans on going to all ireland?
    what ya reckon kks chances are or who theyl be playing?

think i might give it a miss this year watch it in the pub.

although i say that every year then a big panic for tickets commences on the friday before it and end up with loads not being able to get rid of them....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Foregone conclusion, not much point going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

It's just not cricket!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Foregone conclusion, not much point going.

They almost beat us last year, and we're missing Henry Shefflin. It's far from a foregone conclusion.

I'll probably go, but I'm not too happy with how expensive it is

In all the years I can remember I have never heard so many people say the same thing, "I probably won't go".

Well get this straight, it is your GAA duty to turn up regardless of the cost, to wave the colours of your county. Your county which is defined by borders delineated first by the Normans and later by the English rulers.

Do you feel no shame not defending these foreign imposed boundaries?

The shame, what must the queen be thinking right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

catbear wrote: »
    In all the years I can remember I have never heard so many people say the same thing, "I probably won't go".

Well get this straight, it is your GAA duty to turn up regardless of the cost, to wave the colours of your county. Your county which is defined by borders delineated first by the Normans and later by the English rulers.

WTF?

What pub would anyone reccomend to watch it, big screen good buzz etc...
    Left Bank?
    Set?
    Kytlers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

catbear wrote: »

Tell that to the person who lost their job, and can no longer afford the extortionate prices for tickets.

DerryRed wrote: »
    Tell that to the person who lost their job, and can no longer afford the extortionate prices for tickets.
    Could the GAA drop their price, after all they did get funding from the taxpayer when there was low unemployment. At the last match the top tier was closed.

That makes me think WTF, drop the price, fill the top tier!
    Maybe they believed the Fianna Fail fantasy that the recession was over.

The county reference is something that will need to be addressed for the sake of the sports future. I believe it's doing nothing for the sport and is only retained because of the political nationalist tradition of the GAA.

Here are a few links for anyone who has never thought about it before.
    The GAA's administrative structure also makes use of the original British-designed county system that has no basis in Gaelic culture.
    Link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_Athletic_Association

The origin of the county system
    The counties were made up, in general, from an amalgamation of various smaller Irish territories which suited the colonial administration at the time and had little basis in older tribal boundaries. In many cases this involved dividing an Irish territory in two. For example, the kingdom of Uí Maine was split to form south County Roscommon and most of east County Galway.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counties_of_Ireland

Advertisement