Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want from your local pub

Options
  • 14-08-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

We are doing a bit of work for one of our customers who wants to implement a loyalty points system in their pub. They want to reward their customers who regularly visit the pub / restaurant.

I am looking for ideas of
    - Rewards you would like (please be realistic :D)
    - examples you have seen in other pubs you thought were cool
    Any ideas that may help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Hardball

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

1) Have swipe card entry to each toliet cubicle. The person with the most swipes at the end of the month is dubbed "King of the shitter" and gets a free pint.

2) Provide free sandwiches(bacon) and chips/chicken wings/sausages for regulars spending more than 200 quid a week in the pub.

3) Most importantly - loyalty points schemes are best left to less manly locations such as petrol stations and Tescos. I just want a pint when I go to the pub, not a song and dance because I've come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Reasonably priced drinks and a special area for smelly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

In all seriousness,I always find free sausages/chicken nuggets and chips are very welcome when watching matches particularly.
    A pub I go to stamps a card with each pint you buy,and they also have a nightclub,and after 5 drinks you get free into the night club,maybe a free pint after every 5 or 6 bought would be nice,or even 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Good Service, friendly staff, not too over crowded and clean toilets, plenty of snugs, good beer! Perhaps they can work on the first before loyalty card scheme. Are you not in danger of getting into trouble for rewarding people to drink more? The always drink sensibly campaign comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hardball

thanks. anyone been in the Commons in Cork. I hear they run a successful system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

more choice than just Guinness/Smickwicks/Bud/Heino on tap
    and mop the floor of the jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Hardball wrote: »
    I hear they run a successful system?

We have a system like that too - it's called a barman. Always a free pint for the regulars who've been there all night. Also provides extra services like putting on your next pint so it'll be ready when you call it and changing the channel if there's a match you want to watch.

A good barman can make a huge difference to a pub.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If you want to conduct commercial market research, post here.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement