Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Cancel XBox Live Gold Membership

• 14-08-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

I have spent the last half hour trawling through the xbox.com website trying to find how to cancel my Xbox live subscription.

I signed up 3 months ago and had Automatic Renewal ticked on my account. However I didn't end up using it too much and forgot about the automatic renewal! Today I was charged another €19.99 for a further 3 months membership.

I can live with the fact that I was charged €19.99 because it was my own stupid fault not to have seen I was due to automatically renew but HOW THE HELL DO YOU SWITCH OFF AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. I have been redirected from page to page but no joy.

If someone can help or even give the an Irish XBox Live contact centre number to call that would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

1800 509 186

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

calex71 wrote: »
    1800 509 186

Sorted. Thanks Calex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Thanks for this the only numbers they would give that I could find were US ones. Some joke.

Edit: after being hung up on once, I asked the guy why they got rid of the option to let us do it ourselves. He gave me some waffle about it being due to security issues, that people were hacking accounts, and setting autorenew on so that it would keep being billed every month. I felt like saying "THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

It can be done quite easily from your xbox.Press the middle button,go to the option on the far right,go to account settings and wham bam thank you mam.As far as i know anyway,cant see a reson why id ever wanna cancel my subscription :D

DY2011 wrote: »
    It can be done quite easily from your xbox.Press the middle button,go to the option on the far right,go to account settings and wham bam thank you mam.As far as i know anyway,cant see a reson why id ever wanna cancel my subscription :D
    Sorry what I meant and what I think OP meant was not the actual subscription but rather the auto renew - it is far cheaper to buy on amazon or something for a year but if you sign up with xbox directly, you have to run through hoops to turn the auto renew off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

tommy21 wrote: »
    Sorry what I meant and what I think OP meant was not the actual subscription but rather the auto renew - it is far cheaper to buy on amazon or something for a year but if you sign up with xbox directly, you have to run through hoops to turn the auto renew off

Oh sorry,Yeah i can imagine.Dont like losing money them lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You can only cancel a subscription, or turn of the auto renewal by calling the customer support number.

Just to clarify that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

calex71 wrote: »
    1800 509 186

does this number work for anyone.....i tried it and it tells me about calling from the wrong region-maybe its cause i'm calling from a mobile?

Had to call them again today to query a charge, that number no longer works this is the new one: Try +353 12420758

Advertisement