Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

display phone on pc via wi-fi

Options
  • 14-08-2010 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

hey

display gone on my nokia n95

i've hooked it up to the lcd via s-video

is there any program(freeware preferably) to get the display up via wi-fi

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No, nothing via wlan. What are you trying to do?

Why not just replace the screen? Wont cost much, doesnt take long, and all your data will still be in place on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yeh really?
    how much ball-park?

didn't drop it or anything-i'll ring the local 02 store on monday when it's quiet-just out of warranty but you never know!

there's little bright lines on the screen where liquid or whatever has leaked

Well chances are, they wont do it free of charge even if in warranty, they would probably say it was dropped at some stage.

You could get a screen that will do for about a tenner. It wont be official but will work: one example
    Note to watch, the n95 and the n95 8gb have different lcd arent interchangeable so dont get the wrong one by mistake. Its a very easy job to do, and only requires one screwdriver T5, or T6 cant remember which, and remove the 4 screws under the front sliding panel

sound- i'll watch one of those youtube tutorials and have a go

M cebee wrote: »
    sound- i'll watch one of those youtube tutorials and have a go

If you dont find one, let me know and i will make one up. One thing to watch is the ribbon, its delicate so just take it easy with it, when putting it into the connector.

Also, meant to say it in the last post, if you want an official lcd, you could check out adverts or even ask in the wanted section.

• Advertisement

yeh -i tried to reseat the ribbon on a zen vision m hard drive lately-managed to break the connector

got the display up on the tv over wi-fi with 'mobiola screen capture'

there's a slight lag though compared to composite connection

hardly worth the bother

Advertisement