Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK-Ireland direct debit?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering can you help, I need a bit of help, I'm receiving monthly payments from a UK account but at the moment It seems there isn't a facility to set this up as a direct debit/something automatic.

Can anyone inform me of any Irish banks that are maybe paired with/allow direct debits to/from HSBC?

Or is the only way getting a UK account and making sure the debit card works here?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK, there's no system for standing orders between the UK and Ireland. Have you got online banking for your HSBC account? You could make the payment online every month, and some banks let you schedule future payments online, so that might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You could open a NI bank a/c. NIB/Northern are said to have good arrangements, the NI account can receive the money and you can send some or all of it to an associated NIB a/c. Even if you just open any NI a/c you'll get a better deal from the ATMs of the associated bank in the South than using a British card.

Advertisement